Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
L
I've got to replace my rear rotor splash shields. Does anyone know if the puller that Autozone loans will work to get the hub off? The service manual talks about needing a metric adapter to engage the wheel studs.

'98 LS MTX
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by larsofvt:
I've got to replace my rear rotor splash shields. Does anyone know if the puller that Autozone loans will work to get the hub off? The service manual talks about needing a metric adapter to engage the wheel studs.

Call em' up, only way to find out.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I just simply removed the nut from the hub and sprayed some penetrating oil around the spindle. Let it soak for a few minutes then used a dead blow hammer and gently tapped the hub off of the spindle.

I'll put holes in him!!
L
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by SvtTour98.5-3:
I just simply removed the nut from the hub and sprayed some penetrating oil around the spindle. Let it soak for a few minutes then used a dead blow hammer and gently tapped the hub off of the spindle.

You were correct. I got the puller from Advance Auto and it fit, when I started to pull, the hub slid right off.

I can't see why the service manual shows a puller being used..it is not needed.

'98 LS MTX
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by larsofvt:
Originally posted by SvtTour98.5-3:

You were correct. I got the puller from Advance Auto and it fit, when I started to pull, the hub slid right off.

I can't see why the service manual shows a puller being used..it is not needed.

I can't see why the service manual (mostly just Chilton's) shows half the stuff it does. Then leaving out descriptions of everything.

Jake 96 T-Red SE V6
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Just make sure you put a lil bit of oil or anti-seize on the spindle before reinstall. Might help out a bit if you need to replace again in the future.

I'll put holes in him!!

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard