Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1620583 07/31/06 12:08 PM
E
ElKy Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
E
i noticed a nice little squeal from the engine compartment of my car yesterday while leaving the meet.

it only seems to happen between 2k and 3k rpm
hoping its something simple like the idler pulley or tensioner or sumptin.

it seems that everytime i take the SVT out of the garage, something else goes wrong with it!

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
I musta cursed ya.
I was saying to Mike "damn, I'm surprised that thing runs considering how infrequently it gets driven"

uh oh, I bad gurl

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
funny, I think on the way home my car ran the best it has in alittle while, although I still hear something dripping onto the exhaust when I shut the car off, I hope that it is just the valve cover gasket ...

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by BrApple-SeVT:
funny, I think on the way home my car ran the best it has in alittle while, although I still hear something dripping onto the exhaust when I shut the car off, I hope that it is just the valve cover gasket ...

Are you sure it's not the A/C dripping? I never heard a sound from my car after shutting it off, until the A/C was fixed. Now I hear sizzling and dripping sounds when I shut off the car.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by CSVT1214:
Originally posted by BrApple-SeVT:

Are you sure it's not the A/C dripping? I never heard a sound from my car after shutting it off, until the A/C was fixed. Now I hear sizzling and dripping sounds when I shut off the car.

you know maybe it is, I have to run the car and see what happens if I don't use the AC, because I think most of the time that I notice this I have had the AC on

also I had a weird thing happen last night, I have water drip onto my right foot while driving a few time, but then again I have the AC on and the sunroof open so I think it was just water condensing on some AC vent line under the dash ...

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
E
ElKy Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
E
brian..i think tony is right.

kim!
i think i need to smack you!
haha
i am suprised you guys couldnt hear it while driving in front of me thru newport.

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
E
ElKy Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
E
brian...that could be condensation building up in the heater box and not draining out.
there should be a drain somehwere on the firewall to allow excess water to drain out of the heater box.
if it is clogged the water will backup in the car and drip in the floor.

had a customer at the garage last year with this problem.
she would come in every couple of weeks when the water starteddrippin on her feet.
i would put a hook made out of stiff wire into the drain and pull out insulation that mice had taken and started making nests with.
about 2 gallons of water would come rushing out tof the drain!

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
yeah I will have to check that out, just it had never done that before when I have run the AC, like I said the only difference this time was I had the sunroof open and it got pretty hummid as we got into CT, or maybe that was the slight sunburn, either way

F
Smurfette
Smurfette
F
I did hear it, but I didn't think much of it, so I didn't bother to question whether it was you or someone else driving near us.

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Mike - my SVT used to squeal sometimes in real humid weather until the belt warmed up. I think it was condensation on the belt...

Doug 2006 Mercury Milan V6 Premier Dark Blue Pearl Former owner of a 2000 SVT Contour
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard