Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Does anyone know the size (length, threading, etc.) for the bolts & nuts that fasten up the catalytic converter to the exhaust pipe? The Ford service CD doesn't list that info, and while I'm putting on my SVT exhaust, I might as well put new fasteners in instead of squeaking in the old rusty ones.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Anyone? Is this info that a Napa or Autozone might have?

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
well it is metric, maybe an M10, not sure, worst case just take the cat with you and find some hardware that will work.

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:
Does anyone know the size (length, threading, etc.) for the bolts & nuts that fasten up the catalytic converter to the exhaust pipe?

Do you mean cat to cat back?

If so, just go up to Home Depot or Lowes and get some stainless steel bolts, nuts and washers that will fit the hole. Doesn't matter if it's metric or sae since you just replace all the hardware.

Or did you mean cat pipe to y-pipe (2 bolt flange or 3 bolt flange?)

Slow Vehicles in Training 01' Lightning 99' SVTC
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Yeah, cat to catback. And I guess "close enough" will work.

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
well the bolts on the exit of the cat are pressed into the flange ... so you are going to have to find a way to remove them if you just want to replace them with new hardware of your choice

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Ahhh, THAT is the kind of info I needed to know. Glad I asked.

C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Pull the whole cat, heat them up and whack them out if you have the means. If not, drill. I had to drill, it was an experience that I blocked out of memory.

But yes, close enough works. Just make sure you get stainless. Also if you know you will pull them out in the future, it's a good idea to coat them in anti-sieze.

Slow Vehicles in Training 01' Lightning 99' SVTC

Link Copied to Clipboard