Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Augi Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
I installed it the other day... no installation pics, but not that difficult I'm not quite finished yet as I still have to put two more fasteners in. I first wanted to take the installation pics, but I left the digi cam at home and my friend's parents took his.

Step by step,
1)I bought some body molding tape to hold the spoiler into place. It held up to 90 MPH.
2) I bought some push-in plastic rivits and dremeled some holes, pushed in the rivits to place.
If you need pics... I'll try to get some...

Onto the encore presentation...

You can see one of the rivets here...

Be patient, I already said that I needed to put 2 more up to keep it from the "wave effect"

What do you think? I'm not so good at the whole plastic and body molding on my car as some of you are, so be gentle... Post all comments good and bad.

I think it might look nice w/ SE skirts and SVT rear bumper...

Last edited by Augi; 07/29/06 06:30 AM.
A
Augi Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
I almost forgot... I made it to easier for you... just click the thumbnail and it'll load the direct page.

T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
fits good. Almost invisible tho

98.5 SVT FOR SALE $5000
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
creativity - 10
execution - 6
looks - 4

But thats just my subjective opinion. Im glad you went for it and tried!

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
I like it very subtle, just enought to make you think in the back of your head, "what's different."

97 Zetec MTX Sport Mk1 Mondeo Morettes & Clear corners Full SVT kit w/ Molded Mirko Splitter, Carbon Fibre Hood Ground Control coilovers w/ Koni adjustables, BAT anti roll bar Pics of my rides in my profile! Rally drivers do it sideways......
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:
creativity - 10
execution - 6
looks - 4

id give it about the same. i think you should have mounted it the other way so it would actually serve as a splitter, rather than just a continuation of the bumper.

kevin m 98 T-red mystique gs zetec ATX | my ride |
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by mystiquevltwin:
Originally posted by Pudmunkie:
creativity - 10
execution - 6
looks - 4

id give it about the same. i think you should have mounted it the other way so it would actually serve as a splitter, rather than just a continuation of the bumper.

i must agree.. i think it would nice painted body color.

G/f's black 99se sport 5 speed 2 1/2 test pipe-custom cat back 3 single tip cai with kn3530 safc optimized tb 8mm plug wires spec stage 1 clutch svt front bumper
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
It looks ok, I think it would look better if you molded it onto the existing lip.

96' ATX Zetec- stock 96' ATX Zetec- Modded Kenwood KDC-319 5.75"-2 MTX 12's Roady XT Custom door panels Mystique Cluster/oil pressure Getting repainted(in primer) Pre98 Lip SE skirts Mystique front lip dingless badgeless
A
Augi Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
Well, thanks for your support on the idea, I almost had to force it to wrap around. The idea behind making it a continuation is so that it looks a bit like a Mirko... in a sense. I didn't like the idea of just fitting it up to the original way. I fitted it a little better, but I still need to upload the pics.

I think I'm going to leave it unpainted just because that IS the Mach 1 Spoiler, so it needs to stay looking likw one. I think the other thing I like about it is that it actually does flare out from the sides so as to act as a sort of splitter by the wheels. I'll try piccing that too. Thanks for your comments. I'm actually glad I did this just because I wanted to be a bit original.(that was the entire reason behind buying the car.)Keep em comming.

G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
looks more like an air dam than a splitter

~Ryan 1999 T-Red SVT Contour 41k Miles #1701 / 2760 B&M, Custom Y-Pipe, Alpine HU, Pioneer 6x8's & 6x9's
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard