Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Hey guys just figured I'd show you some progress on my car.

First from our trip to EZ Pull

This is my formly chrome ring. Right now Its being glued together. I don't have any pictures of that.

These are my painted drums, since I wasn't going to spend $100 on new ones...

scuffed:

Setup for Paint: (lol)

baking in the sun:

On the car:

Cleaned Wheels:

Before:

After! :

My ported manifold, taped off for paint. Its too humid right now:

So I've been up to all kinds of fun. Right now I'm waiting on new sway bar bushings, and I'm going to order springs soon. Maybe tomorrow.

1998 SE Duratec V6 ATX Ebay intake with K&N Filter Trubendz Exhaust Custom Hood
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
you should check w/ swazo i think he has svt rears you could prolly make work

Alex '99 SVT Contour -=|WANTED: Vortech, working or not |=-
R
R_G Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Good job man. What did ya paint your drums with?

P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Looks really good dude.

Although I think with that chrome rim being black now, the chrome trim on the trunk, and the chrome antenna base might offset it. That's just my .02. Overall though, looks good.

I painted my chrome a week or so ago too.

/hijack.

I call my E0 Claire. 24 hour what? I'm looking to buy a like-new condition SVT grill, and a shift knob that works with the reverse lever PM me with the details.
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
haha its cool. No thats why I am putting in "chrome" or at least metal mesh. I had to touch up one spot on the ring. I press the front and back together while the glue dried, and well the paint was completely dry apparently.

All will be well soon.

Update on the bushing situation in the suspension forum. I'll probably end up ordering from advanced, but online. You know since they can't order parts in the store...

They will be red bushings! lol I can move my sway bar with the suspension hanging. but I can twist my rear control arms with the car on the ground. This probably explains alot of the tilt in my car. I guess it won't feel like i'm going to roll the car over in turns anymore

EDIT: 1) I used the duplicolor (?) 500 degree gloss black engine paint. Which I baked in the 90 degree sun. (god bless free thermal engery)

I'm going to paint the manifold the same way, along with my MAF sensor, and air filter adaptor. I'll probably do this next week. I need my car this weekend. The manifold is just waiting for low humidty though.

2) Hey where is that umm pre 98 trunk lid? lol

Last edited by ZeroHour; 07/28/06 11:55 PM.

R
R_G Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by ZeroHour:
I used the duplicolor (?) 500 degree gloss black engine paint.

How many layers? I mean, u did use the pray can but like how many times did you go over the drums?

Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
I did realatively what the can told me to do.

2 light coats and 1 wet coat. It said to wait 15 minutes between the coats, but I think I went something like 8-10 between the light coats and like 12-15 for the wet coat.

Then it was a day and half of baking in the sun. lol The coating differntly baked on from the sun. It seems very durable, but I wasn't going to take a hammer to the fresh paint. lol But for 3 days worth of work and alot of iron dust, It was worth the 5 bucks of paint and 1/3 of can of tire foam. The tires look really nice now.

Plus while I had them off I coated the suspension arms with "rust convertor" and then did some undercoat on the frame/body. Everything looks alot nicer.

EDIT: Hey glenn I think your car is as dirty as mine I just realized how much a good wash would do you (and me).

Last edited by ZeroHour; 07/29/06 01:37 AM.

R
R_G Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Thanks, my next project I guess...

L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Damn, you've been busy!

The drums look much better.

Your car is going to look even better once you get the manifold painted and installed. Nice work!

A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
The chrome antenna base looks sharp with the black paint. It's amazing what a little paint and cleaning can do. Nice job.

Aaron 98.5 E1 Contour SE
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard