Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
The trim piece on teh inside of the truck lid. It didn't come on my SVT, but after finding out about it, I order one from Bill Jenkins and it looks so much better. The door holes, however bother me, so I have been looking for a set for some time. Not availabel from OE any longer, I have gone to junkyard hunting.

Now my dilemma. Obviously with the different deck lids between 95-97 and 98-00 I now know there are 2 different pieces. I was at a junk yard today and was thinking I needed to be looking at pre-98 decklids for these pieces. So I grab 1 (all that was there) and bring it home only to realize it is completely different.

So now I have a pre 98 door and a 2000 with no doors that now really bother me.

What do I need to look for to get these doors? Does anybody have a set they want to get rid of?

I also have a pre 98 piece I can't use, so first to PM me and is willing to pay shipping can have it.

2000 SVT Contour - Silver # 1675/2150 For Sale195/55/15 Bridgestone Blizzaks on Steelies <10k miles - $300 PM me for more info
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
what in the world did you just say?

T
I have no life
I have no life
T

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
i know exactly what you are saying.
i went on this hunt when i first got my SVT.
mine has the the black cover, but not the doors.
what i have found is the doors only came on the Mystiques.

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by ElKy:

+1

Both my 98 trunks had it, and my 2000 does not. Neither of my 98's ever came with the doors though. Always wondered why.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
i have only found the doors in Mystiques, but hey are plasti-welded to the trim piece.
and the trim piece is always destroyed in the junk yard!

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by ElKy:

Ok, so I sounded like I was on crack when I made that post. At least someone understood me!

Ok, I did some searching today and came up with this OE drawing.

The piece ELky pictured is the same I currently have, which is definately from the Mystique. The doors are not listed separatley, which means the part was supersceded to a part without doors, then dropped as it is no longer available from Ford.

The part pictured for the Contour is what I got at the junkyard yesterday, which is also no longer available. Surely somebody is missing 1 of these from them car and needs 1? Like I said, I am just going to throw it away, it was free for me and if anybody wants it, they can have it for the price of shipping. Here it is: A little scuffed, but the door still works.

So today, I stoped by a junkyard that is a few minutes from my house and tada, a Mystique that was damaged for unknown reasons as it wasn't wrecked. Trunk popped open via the lever and there was an unmolested trim piece! I know the guy that works there so it was only $10 after I pulled it out! I didn't get the clips as they stayed in the car, but those are still available so I'll get some new ones next week.

And the elusive plasti-glued doors:

So, my goal has been reached. Don't know why this stupid little thing bothered me so much, especially after yesteday's near find I was determined to get one with doors!

2000 SVT Contour - Silver # 1675/2150 For Sale195/55/15 Bridgestone Blizzaks on Steelies <10k miles - $300 PM me for more info
R
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
R
im looking for the same piece

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard