Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
S
check the floorboards and seams to see if there are any holes rusted through. I had an old Mercury Topaz a few years ago that had a few holes rusted through under the carpet and anytime I was driving in the rain the carpet would be soaked wet. I also had a large hole rusted through in behind the wheelwell area. I patched it up using some roofing tar, and it actually held up quite well, it's a cheap, easy fix.

P
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
P
There's no rust on the car and no holes in the floor, the water only accumulates when the car is sitting.

How do I get to the cabin filter? I want to try and find where the water is routing down to it.

R
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
R
I had the same problem. It drove me nuts later found out that it was comming in from under the cowling i ran a bead of black rtv silicon along the seam between the window and the cowl. Seems to be working hasnt been wet and living in fl we get those wonderful afternoon showers but now i have to change the carpet ......any suggestions on the color and where to go to get it ? It's the midnight blue interior with the silver frost exterior thanks

X
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
X
prolly leakin at the top of your windshield might be rust but not visible

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by protegechris:
...How do I get to the cabin filter? I want to try and find where the water is routing down to it.

Main Site, FAQ, Modifications Howto,
http://www.contour.org/mods/mods.php?s=howto&displayid=16

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
My car has been leaking, too and I finally had a chance to take a look today. Same thing, passenger side footwell gets soggy after a rain... smells all nasty

Today I took a hose and sprayed some water on the passenger window only and with the door open I could see the dripping coming from the plastic part of the door panel, in front near the footwell area.

Thanks to a dumbass window installer that tore the sh*t out of my inner door liner while replacing the pass. window, I had water leaking into the car because part of the liner was hanging into the door area, making a perfect little ramp for falling water to divert into the interior instead of out the door drain holes like it's supposed to. I took off the door panel and taped the shards of liner back to form a single piece again and closed it up. Tried the hose test and so far so good.

I'm expecting the heat to make short work of that tape in there and I'm sure I'll have to go to a junkyard and get a good door liner but at least this is keeping the rain out of the inside for now. This car is too new to be worrying about water leaking in... I get enough of that crap with my Mustang

96 Contour GL 2.0L MTX with Early SE 7 spoke wheels, SE sideskirts, Koni Sport Kit 70 Mustang Sportsroof with mild 351W and '01 Mustang GT wheels
P
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
P
The water in my car isn't coming from the windshield or door haha.. I posted already, it's dropping off of the carpet covering everything behind the glovebox.

If the micron air filter is soaked or has holes in it, that's definitely it, right? Just wondering how it keeps water out in the first place.

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by protegechris:
The water in my car isn't coming from the windshield or door haha.. I posted already, it's dropping off of the carpet covering everything behind the glovebox.

If the micron air filter is soaked or has holes in it, that's definitely it, right? Just wondering how it keeps water out in the first place.

You are probably missing the weatherstripping or it is broken.
Figure 5

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
this happened to my car and what a pain. i shittt you not my car was in the shop 13 times before they(not the ford guys) got it fixed. they had to create a dam around the cabin air filter in order to keep the water from coming in. depending on how my car was parked the water would measure 1-3 inches with a hard rain. i ended up having my dad spray my car with a water hose while i was in the car to see where the water was coming from. good luck!

2006 fusion sel 1998 grand prix gtp(wife) 1993 dodge shadow es(winter beater)
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard