Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Hey, anyone looking to do the second hanger mod needs to be aware that the old Taurus muffler hanger has been replaced by a plastic part that does NOT fit without cutting either the hanger or a vertical metal piece that gets in the way. I just found this out tonight...kinda bummed.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
that is why most people just use a universal hanger now.

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Time to update the How-to, I guess.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Wow. You know our cars are getting old when you can't get a Taurus hanger.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Well, Bill J said the plastic one that Ford's come out with has been really good in other implementations, but I guess I'm the first to try it with the no-weld setup. The metal one is still available, but it's something like $50 new now.

Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
To hang my trubendz I just took sheet steel (3/16th maybe???) and bent it at an angle. Bolted to the bumper and then put a bolt with a lock nut on it. boom! exhaust hanger!

Oh add paint for prettyness! And don't forget to coat it like it did

1998 SE Duratec V6 ATX Ebay intake with K&N Filter Trubendz Exhaust Custom Hood
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
I got one of those universal hangers that showed up in another thread. I think I've got this one figured out.

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard