Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
is WD-40 silicone spray good enough or must I go out and purchase a small amount of gear grease?

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
X
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
X
i would use wd-40(to thin). the reason the gear goes bad in the first place is beacause of the heat. u will need somethin to soak up the heat from the gear. patrolium jelly might work

H
Scourge of the Master Debaters
Scourge of the Master Debaters
H
I don't mean to harp on you, but for the benefit of anyone else reading this... WD-40 is not a lubricant, it is a water displacer.

Quote:

While its uses are many and varied, WD-40 should not be used as a general-purpose lubricant, as it dries out very quickly and collects dust. This can result in serious damage to machinery and equipment designed for use with heavy oils when they are lubricated with lightweight WD-40.

To answer your question, it was already mentioned in the first reply, but I would say you could also use white lithium grease.

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by m4gician:

instead of telling me, they told me they had a few lying around and said they woud send me this one free of charge.

I'm pretty sure you can thank me for that. Last summer when I purchased my car I got in touch with them and they got the last bunch of them through their foreign partner and sent me two of them along with a bunch of webasto pens and pins etc. They said it wasn't legal for them to sell them to me so they just gave them to me. It took a couple months of waiting patiently and describing my situation etc. (Ever see Shawshank Redemtion and the guy who got the library going? Kinda like that...) but I got them. Great people by far!!!

98' Black SVT Build #1915 of 6535
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard