Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Webasto was kind enough to mail me (the next day btw) a sunroof gear from their factory through UPS, I believe it's still the same gear that gets deformed and melts, but that's only due to extreme or high heat from the metal parts. What i've done is propery lubricate the gear, the motor, and any other thing that has to move using WD-40, now I'm a little worried about wrecking my moonroof gear, is there any tips or something or special lubricant or protectant that I can apply or use to slow down the wear or make the gear last longer?! Please any help would be appreciated.

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
X
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
X
i would use thick grease like bearing grease, so when the sun beats down on your car the grease wont get runny and how much do they charge for that gear?

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by m4gician:
Webasto was kind enough to mail me (the next day btw) a sunroof gear from their factory through UPS,

How'd you pull that off?

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
honesty . I also got me some Webasto merchanidise (mostly pens)

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
What can I do to maintain this current gear?

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
How much did you pay?

M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
as much as you do for the oxygen you breathe day in and day out , they're very nice people.

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
as much as you do for the oxygen you breathe day in and day out , they're very nice people.

Excellent, I may try that tomorrow. Want to PM me with contact information for them? Me love you long time.

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
What can I do to maintain this current gear?

Just put a thin layer of grease on the contact area like the other guy said. And make sure that you align the motor properly with the sunroof when you re-install so that you dont stress it too much at the end of travel.

And of course try not to open close more than needed when hot. Hopefully this one lasts.

Just out of curiousity, what did they say when you told them you needed a new gear?...in the past, on CEG, people had said that they tried to get get gears from webasto, but they wouldn't do it.

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
I used WD-40, what kind of grease should I get to maintain it?

Actually I didn't even ask them for the gear, I did what one of you guys suggested and asked them what other cars share this sunroof motor or have this same sunroof gear, instead of telling me, they told me they had a few lying around and said they woud send me this one free of charge. They sent it using next day UPS which is amazing.

I also have a webasto panoramic roof in my mom's SUV so I mean they make good products and I thanked them kindly for standing so well behind this one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard