Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by todras:
Last I checked they aren't in production and haven't been for many years.

Well, When I spoke to pete last friday he seemed to think that you could call them up and have them make you a set since they would still have plans for them. Anyways, I don't think I will say anything more. I was just suggesting something that would help him run with the 3L's better. The devil seems to be in the details of all the minor parts adding up to more power.

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I have no doubt that if you could get a set of longtubes or make your own you'd make more power.

04 Subaru WRX "Eurosport bling bling fast and furious tokyo drift" "They have diarrhea of the mouth, and constipation of thought"
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by ΓΆβ??β??\ΓΆΛ?Β»/ΓΆβ??ΒΊ:
Originally posted by todras:
Last I checked they aren't in production and haven't been for many years.

Well, When I spoke to pete last friday he seemed to think that you could call them up and have them make you a set since they would still have plans for them. Anyways, I don't think I will say anything more. I was just suggesting something that would help him run with the 3L's better. The devil seems to be in the details of all the minor parts adding up to more power.

you have a way I can contact him?

yes... I am a cougar owner trolling on your board.
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
tomorrow i'm going to get a set of stock manifolds at a scrapyard to make my own set of longtubes. hopefully i can build a nice set. mine are going to replace the Y pipe, they will be long tubes, and collect where a test pipe would go, with a 3" Y that you can get anywhere like summit or whatever.

1998 CSVT NX stage 1 ford EFI kit MSD dis-4 B&M short throw K&N short ram intake Fsvt Euro 17's Trubendz 2.5" exhaust Spec stage 3 249.9 HP 258.2 TRQ clutch slipping the whole time
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
do lots of head work. bigger valves, port the heads, gasket match the intake side and put bigger roller cams in it with adjustable cam gears.. put on a thinner head gasket to up the compression. if you want more torque (lower et times) try to find some slightly shorter rods and then also deck the block to keep your compression up. if you do deck it you will have to make sure you get the LIM machined to match the new angle. for the exhaust side i think youll have to make a good set of headers that will scavange well and help bring the VE up closer to 100% maybe even over 100%

that should get you into the low 14s probably even the high 13s

97 contour gl mtx front & rear upper strut tower braces 19mm bat sway bar Koni struts w/GC knockoffs
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
that all sounds great, but we're talking about a contour engine here. there's nothing availible.

we put 3 litre valves in our 2.5 head, and BTW....shorter rods only makes more RPM, not necessarily torque. maybe on the high end, but you would lose your launch torque. anywho, making more HP than torque on a motor with 133k, i dont have a problem with that. i just wanna break 300. thanks for the info though..... if you can find me any aftermarket cams for the 2.5 let me know! (minus ST220s, they are impossible to find)

1998 CSVT NX stage 1 ford EFI kit MSD dis-4 B&M short throw K&N short ram intake Fsvt Euro 17's Trubendz 2.5" exhaust Spec stage 3 249.9 HP 258.2 TRQ clutch slipping the whole time
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
You can get cat-cams...GL with that though...

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by striker2:
do lots of head work. bigger valves, port the heads, gasket match the intake side and put bigger roller cams in it with adjustable cam gears.. put on a thinner head gasket to up the compression. if you want more torque (lower et times) try to find some slightly shorter rods and then also deck the block to keep your compression up. if you do deck it you will have to make sure you get the LIM machined to match the new angle. for the exhaust side i think youll have to make a good set of headers that will scavange well and help bring the VE up closer to 100% maybe even over 100%

yeah.. thinner head gaskets and decked block will be great for putting holes in the pistons when the valves slam into them.

04 Subaru WRX "Eurosport bling bling fast and furious tokyo drift" "They have diarrhea of the mouth, and constipation of thought"
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by WRX Barge:
Originally posted by striker2:

yeah.. thinner head gaskets and decked block will be great for putting holes in the pistons when the valves slam into them.

In his defense, he did say to get some shorter rods. But that is just plain stupid work to be doing on this motor.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
P
Pole120 Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
The goal here is to run mid 14's with minimal work/cost.....

99 SE V6\5spd - 156 HP\157 TQ 15.166-90.84 Totaled 02/12/06 99 SVT # 1571 - 175 HP\153 TQ 14.999-91.88 Born 3/24/99 Reborn 3/18/06 Pietenpol Racing Technologies project vehicle 90 Festiva L 5spd, Blue(not for long), 103k
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard