Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by TRicker:
if you can find me any aftermarket cams for the 2.5 let me know! (minus ST220s, they are impossible to find)

Look in my sig .

Aaron

AKA NVS SVT 98.5 Silver/Blue SVT#4553 Yeah it's modded 98 T-Red/Blue SVT Contour Totaled 06/05/06 03 3L,VCN 2000,CAT Cams,MSDS Headers w/Y-Pipe,XCal2 and lots more
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:
Originally posted by WRX Barge:
Originally posted by striker2:
do lots of head work. bigger valves, port the heads, gasket match the intake side and put bigger roller cams in it with adjustable cam gears.. put on a thinner head gasket to up the compression. if you want more torque (lower et times) try to find some slightly shorter rods and then also deck the block to keep your compression up. if you do deck it you will have to make sure you get the LIM machined to match the new angle. for the exhaust side i think youll have to make a good set of headers that will scavange well and help bring the VE up closer to 100% maybe even over 100%

that should get you into the low 14s probably even the high 13s

yeah.. thinner head gaskets and decked block will be great for putting holes in the pistons when the valves slam into them.

In his defense, he did say to get some shorter rods. But that is just plain stupid work to be doing on this motor.

Mark

as long as you leave a minimum of .035" deck clearance (top of piston @ TDC to bottom of head) you should be fine. the shorter rods will give you more torque cause you are increasing the rod angularity thus increasing the pushing force around and not down. if your still concerned about the deck clearance then get some smaller compression height pistons.

now since josh said that he wanted to do minimal work to it then changing internals is out the window. however you can still get lots of power from changing the cams and doing head work. you want to get your Volumetric efficiency as close to if not over 100% (up to about 130% is possible from most N/A engines) also dont forget that with 4-valves you can go about half the lift required of a 2 valve and still flow the same if not better.

97 contour gl mtx front & rear upper strut tower braces 19mm bat sway bar Koni struts w/GC knockoffs
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
While you have the heads off for honing, which valve springs were you figuring to use: do you plan to party above 7500 rpm? And you're going with stock valves?

MSDS, SHO-shop Y, custom 2.5" catback; xcal2; 63mm TB, K&N 3530; Koni struts, Aussie bar; THaines forks, Quaife, SpecII, UR fly; DMD; Nima UD pullies; Stazi brakes; f&r Pole120 mounts. Just a daily commuter car. Silver '98 SVT E0 #3159
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by SVT SNOB:
if you can find me any aftermarket cams for the 2.5 let me know! (minus ST220s, they are impossible to find)

Look in my sig .

Aaron

So are you actually using those cams? I'd really like to know how they do.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by warmonger:
Originally posted by SVT SNOB:

Look in my sig .

Aaron

So are you actually using those cams? I'd really like to know how they do.

Gotta find someone brave enough to install them and wont charge me an arm and a leg to do it. I'm actually going to be buying another 3L engine so I was wondering if I should just hold off until I do 3L engine version 2 for next spring. But trust me once they are in sounds clips and vids will follow .

Aaron

AKA NVS SVT 98.5 Silver/Blue SVT#4553 Yeah it's modded 98 T-Red/Blue SVT Contour Totaled 06/05/06 03 3L,VCN 2000,CAT Cams,MSDS Headers w/Y-Pipe,XCal2 and lots more
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard