Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
I've tried Carnauba, though makes the car shine (a little bit) it's not really as bright as I've seen on some of the other cars on this website. Is there a wax you would recommend for a colour such as silver frost? (Anything Meguirs is a welcome suggestion )

Also has anyone tried Meguirs Colour-x?

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Zaino.

Dont buy meguisuck

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Tourige:
Zaino.

Zaino is

98.5 T. Red Contour SVT Lowered on FSVT's http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154233
L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
Mothers...

But I Know Tons Of People On This Site Swear By Zaino...

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Start by reading here.

Carnauba clouds, synthetic magnifies.

Light colored, pick a synthetic - no question.

Dark colored - debatable.
People claim carnauba is better - I see no difference and CEGers at SZ 06 thought synthetic looked better. I use synthetics on all my customers' cars for obvious reasons.

Unless it's a garage queen, I see no benefits to using a carnauba over a synthetic.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
thanks, so zaino is what I'm going to be going for, that or any other synthetic wax I can get my hands on. Also going to see if I can borrow my friend's PC.

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
No offense Pete but pinnacle's carnuaba for light colored cars has been awesome on my SVT.It's not greasy,doesn't attract dust,and is the easiest wax I have ever used.

2000 Silver SVT
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by tsSVT:
No offense Pete but pinnacle's carnuaba for light colored cars has been awesome on my SVT.It's not greasy,doesn't attract dust,and is the easiest wax I have ever used.

I assume you are responding to Carnauba vs Synthetic, and the following Carnauba cons:
- Contain petroleums and oils -
A car with carnauba that is touched may feel oily and leave a greasey streak on the surface.
- Dusting -
Carnaubas are commonly known to dust when buffed out.
- No repellency -
Carnauba attracts and holds dust and other particles.

There is a statement at the bottom of that post which states The information above has been compiled from various sites.

I witnessed Pinnacle Souveran in the sun on a black car 1. attract and hold dust and other particles as well as "greasey" streaks on the surface where people had touched it. My self testing of various carnaubas netted the same results.

Not knowing what's in the product you use nor having used it, I cannot comment on it. You may be confusing carnauba with a carnauba-synthetic blend which is different. Can you provide me a link to "pinnacle's carnuaba for light colored cars"?

Regardless, the other points regarding carnauba still stand - durability, cloudy finish vs synthetic, VOC issues, low melting point, inability to layer, etc.

Have you tried Optimum, Menzerna, Poorboy's, Four Star, WolfGang, etc.? Synthetics are extremely easy to apply and remove. Local CEGers who have watched me detail can attest to that.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Here's Meguiar's NXT on my SilFro:

The main reason I used it is because it seems to be the best OTC option. I was in a bind, both in time and money, so Autozone had to suffice. I WILL be ordering Zaino in the near future though.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
my car looks like that about, would you say that it's a good job, and it's noticeable? I mean for an OTC product, that looks alright, I never knew until this point that Zaino was special order only. Is there any other options I have OTC to get my product and wax job done now? Also nice looking car .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard