Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
Rob___ Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
Hey all,

I want to install som BAT ones but I'm told that the frame has to be dropped...is this true? If so, I doubt it's worth it.

Please let me know. Also how to do it too.

Rob

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Yep,you have to drop the frame.The bolt on the towards the back it about 1 1/4" long,but the area to remove it is about 3/4".Meaning even if you could get a wrench in there to get it all the way out,which you can't,you wouldn't be able to get the bolt out.

2000 Silver SVT
R
Rob___ Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
So do people actually do this?

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by Rob___:

Sometimes a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do...

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
R
Rob___ Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
R
Who knew such in-expensive bushings would be so hard to install...well if my stock ones are still good, I can't imagine them making much of a difference...

I am putting the BAT 21mm rear sway bar in with new bushings so that should make the handling better...

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Rob___:

I have them on my car.I installed them when I gutted my pre-cats.I already had the frame dropped so I figured while I was there.I modified the bushing and installed zerk fittings on the clamps so I can still grease the bushings.The 21mm rear bar makes a noticable differance.you will be pleased.Be sure to grease the bushings at least every 1500 miles or so,to avoid tearing your sway-bar mounts.If you don't know what I'm talking about SEARCH.

2000 Silver SVT
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
You'll enjoy that bar. Re-inforce the sub-frame tabs that the bar is mounted to so you don't have to deal with busted tabs later.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
I hope...if one removes both sway bar links, undo front bolts then back as back will butt up to rail and can't be removed....BUT one might be able to remove the old bushings and slide in new Greased ones......

2012 Lotus Evora --------- 95 Mystique MTX - GONE 395,000 Kms --------- Both Zetecs '97 Contour Mtx - stock - GONE
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
I doubt that will work since you can only back the rear bolt out about 1/2".But it's worth a try.The question is do you want to go back and regrease them like that every 2000 or 3000 miles?

2000 Silver SVT
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
The front bolts on my '95 will come all the way out and ,as you said, the rear come out 2". The bushing I'm using are poly, the silicon grease is just to ease it on its way.
I figure...if your working around there already....and you have time....and you haven't been frustrated in a few days...

2012 Lotus Evora --------- 95 Mystique MTX - GONE 395,000 Kms --------- Both Zetecs '97 Contour Mtx - stock - GONE
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard