Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Tourige:
Contour SVT has get up and go? I guess anything is fast when you drive the slushbox I4.

You need a ride in a Whipple Cobra. Then you be screaming

fast is relative.

Ryan Trollin!
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Contour SVT has get up and go? I guess anything is fast when you drive the slushbox I4.

You need a ride in a Whipple Cobra. Then you be screaming

So? Whats your point?

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by zetec herman:
Let me start off by saying this car has ballzzz.

I've never seen so much get up and go. My auto zetec is a snoozer next to this thing (not much of a surprise to me).

It sounded like a race car, which lead me to thing something wrong with this thing. It sounded like a bad muffler or something that needed exaust work. So I look over at the dash, wondering if the CEL is on. Yep. It makes me wonder sometimes how often so people will drive for months or even years with their CEL on and not let it bother them. The minute mine went on the first time I practically freaked out. After this experience I really want to know how to drive a stick. I joked and said how I wanted to get a 5 spd. zetec for practice. He just laughed and said he didn't even know how to drive a stick before he started driving it.

Yeah, its quite a fun experience, although my 2nd ride in an SVT was actually with me behind the wheel... In fact, I remember it like it was yesterday... Dave and Busters 2005 in february... I told rawburt he could take my car for a spin if I could drive his... So we agreed, I drove his car like a grandma... then he was like "what that all you are going to do..." Downshifted to 2nd and pushed it around a corner... thats when the grin went on my face... God that was a fun drive.... I just wish I was longer

My first car was the contour... I insisted upon getting a car with a stick, I knew I would be a better driver with one... When I went to look at the ole' GL the FIRST thing I looked for inside the car was that stick. As soon as I saw it, I wanted the car, fell in love with it. Drove it, loved it more, bought it

If I ever have children (god forbid) my kids will only drive cars with sticks.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F

I've never seen so much get up and go. My auto zetec is a snoozer next to this thing (not much of a surprise to me).

It sounded like a race car, which lead me to thing something wrong with this thing. It sounded like a bad muffler or something that needed exaust work. So I look over at the dash, wondering if the CEL is on. Yep. It makes me wonder sometimes how often so people will drive for months or even years with their CEL on and not let it bother them. The minute mine went on the first time I practically freaked out. After this experience I really want to know how to drive a stick. I joked and said how I wanted to get a 5 spd. zetec for practice. He just laughed and said he didn't even know how to drive a stick before he started driving it.

LOL!!! Thats what i love about my SVT!!! Sounds like a racecar, way more fun to drive than the SE, and more powa than the SE. Too bad it's got clutch slip and will most likely sit in storage until i can save up the money to do what I had planned this winter. Switching back to the SE was not so much fun, although i did miss driving that car...its just not the same!!

A Contour is not just a car, it's an experience 99 T-Red SE Zetec ATX Born April 16, 1999 98 E0 Silver Frost CSVT #3175/3565 Born August 21st, 1997 Stored at P.R.T. for the winter 67 Mustang 289 project car
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by Frosty:

LOL!!! Thats what i love about my SVT!!! Sounds like a racecar, way more fun to drive than the SE, and more powa than the SE. Too bad it's got clutch slip and will most likely sit in storage until i can save up the money to do what I had planned this winter. Switching back to the SE was not so much fun, although i did miss driving that car...its just not the same!!

You just had the wrong year SE, that is all(and wrong transmission). With as many people on here who have said that they liked their SE more (for various reasons) then there SVT, I am in no hurry to get rid of mine.

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Haha, this thread reminds me the first time I drove a Gen3 SHO Taurus. My dad's, it was fun as hell. I was in a school zone goin the speed limit (20mph) and I exited it and thought I barely hit the gas it just took off, I had a grin on my face as soon as I felt the force behind it. The speed limit was 55 I got to 65 in a heart beat and then I slowed down of course avoiding a ticket in dad's car (would be real bad). Now I wouldn't mind having either type of SHO.

Jason G. 1997 Mercury Mystique GS ZETEC ATX Born: 11/96
N
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
N
first MTX that I've ever owned was my CSVT that I picked up w/a spun bearing last Septemeber.. Once we finally were done in March rebuilding it I couldn't even take the first spin around the block...

After a few drives by others I was given the nod that was fine and it took me about 2 nights of small little drives around the neighborhood until I got completely comfortable driving it.. I'll never own an automatic again if I have the choice.. we'll be swapping trannys in my Cougar later this year when we do the engine work.

Best thing to do is just attempt to drive the car in stop and go traffic... you'll pick it up faster than you would have ever thought..

Newer MTX cars are incredibly easy to drive now and so much more fun!

Crispy 99 Cougar - Arancio Atlas/Grey Graphite Pearl Custom Widebody 98 CSVT - Silver Frost #4014/6535 - Born 10/21/97 98 CSVT - Silver Frost #4085/6535 - Born 11/10/97 See My Rides
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by AliasJerkââ??¢:

I just wish I was longer.

Dude, not here.

99 Black SVT -3L Hybrid w/.5mm overbore, Spec clutch/flywheel, MSDS, BAT intake, K&N open, 17'Konig Tantrums, DMD, Opt. TB & Y, Powerslots, Bassani w/ magnaflow res. 96 SE MTX- "The War Wagon" "I'm in love with my car..." -Queen
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C

I'm gonna' have to call BS on your "too cool for school" attitude here. Of course the SVT has get up and go. It's a quick car in stock form, and was meant to be quick out of the box. I'm willing to guess that when you bought yours, one of the reasons was it's performance. You probably didn't buy it for how slow it was. Like Ryan said, speed is relative. Sure it's not quick compared to a Cobra....at least not a newer one. But it does have get up and go, so why try so hard to rain on the kid's parade?

99 Black SVT -3L Hybrid w/.5mm overbore, Spec clutch/flywheel, MSDS, BAT intake, K&N open, 17'Konig Tantrums, DMD, Opt. TB & Y, Powerslots, Bassani w/ magnaflow res. 96 SE MTX- "The War Wagon" "I'm in love with my car..." -Queen
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by CLASSVT:
Originally posted by AliasJerkââ??¢:

I just wish I was longer.

Dude, not here.

LOL. Yeah, keep that to yourself.

Last edited by PacificTourG; 07/27/06 06:31 PM.

'98 Contour Pacific Green(Modded) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/676416 FS:'98-00 Contour front bumper.Brand new unused (Non-SVT)
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard