Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
I have had a nagging CEL P0175 for a while now. Well i bouight a new sensor a while back and it never fixed the problem. So the other day i took the UIM/LIM off to see if i had any vacuum leaks(and to give 'em a good cleanin'). That didn't fix it either, so i took the MAF apart and cleaned the element with a small brush and (cross my fingers) i think that may have done it.

When i was cleaning the sensor i took it out of the MAF housing to do so. When i did this i noticed that there are two elements. One of the elements had a nice shiny appearance to it, and the other was a dirty black color so i cleaned it up and they are now both shiny. Is the dirty elements maybe the cause of my problem? What i mean is...on the sensor itself is one of the elements for the front bank O2 and one for the rear?

1999 Cougar V6 MTX SVT UIM/LIM/65mm TB, I/H/E, Fidanza/SPEC III/Torsen, Koni/GC's, 19" Icon wheels w/ Pirelli rubber, NX Wet Kit
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Per TSB, some reasons for P0175.

P0175 - System Too Rich (Bank 2) The Adaptive Fuel Strategy continuously monitors fuel delivery hardware. The code sets when the adaptive fuel tables reach a lean calibrated limit.

Fuel System:
�· Excessive fuel pressure
�· Leaking/contaminated fuel injectors
�· Vapor recovery system concern

Base Engine:
�· Oil overfill
�· Cam timing concern
�· Low cylinder compression
�· Excessive engine wear

Powertrain Control System:
�· PCM concern

Induction System:
�· MAF contamination

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
I know all that in the TSB...i was mostly just wondering about whether the two seperate elements have any relation to the two seperate O2's.....

PS...the CEL P0175 came back on this morning! lol

1999 Cougar V6 MTX SVT UIM/LIM/65mm TB, I/H/E, Fidanza/SPEC III/Torsen, Koni/GC's, 19" Icon wheels w/ Pirelli rubber, NX Wet Kit
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by 99cougar:
...PS...the CEL P0175 came back on this morning! lol

LOL. Time for a real time scan.

Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Originally posted by Tony2005:

What you mean? Of my timeslip? If someone wants to post it for me i'll be glad to email it to them...

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T

What you mean? Of my timeslip? If someone wants to post it for me i'll be glad to email it to them...

LOL. I hope you were kidding. If not, I meant send it to a shop to get a real time scan of the engine. Or get a scanner capable of real time scans so that you know what the different sensors were doing when the code was set (freeze frame) and what defferent sensors are doing during the drive (real time scan).

Also read this for Bank 1.
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=trouble&Number=1283047&page=2&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=31&fpart=all&vc=1

Last edited by Tony2005; 07/26/06 04:20 PM.

Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er

LOL. I hope you were kidding.

I was kidding man lol.

And yes...I plan on doing some datalogging when i get home. I have the SCT PRP, and the Livelink software...so i'll see what's going on in there this afternoon. I just can't imagine it being the sensor itself...it is only 2-3 months old. I'll go home and do that, and post what i see...

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard