Next Thread
Print Thread
R
R_G Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
The amp powers 6 speakers; the sound used to be OK. A couple of weeks ago I started noticing the weak sound in the front; checked the fader - the settings are normal. I tried to adjust the "Gain" control on the amp - everything is perfect but there's this terrible whining noise - not exactly the alt whining 'cause I tried to increase the RPMs - no effect on whining. When I put the gain on zero again - the noise is gone but the sound is sucky, it feels that the sound is coming from the rear of the car only.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Make sure your wires are still good from the rear of the deck going to the speakers. I had an install and the guy said I would need a rewiring soon. I was having a similar problem where only some of the speakers played at full level and the others were low and distorted.

SV Pushing An SVT!!! The Rayn Campaign
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
Hows the sub box treatin ya Rayn?

R
R_G Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Rayn:
Make sure your wires are still good from the rear of the deck going to the speakers.

Well, I just replaced the HU, then back of the deck is OK, but of course I never checked the wires all the way.

Even so, why with "Gain" on the sound is perfect but there's this whining noise?

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard