Next Thread
Print Thread
#1616996 07/25/06 10:05 PM
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
So I was driving yesterday and it was shifting erradically. It would start to slip in first and catch, and jerk (spin the tires) but then after it was fine. I checked the fluid and it was fine. I went out this morning and let the car run for a while and backed it up to a level spot. Checked the fluid again, right on the full mark. So I figure maybe it had a hiccup or something. I go out for a nother drive and the second I go to after I shifted into drive it acts like its in nuetral and all of a sudden drops. I turned around and backed back in the driveway and checked my fluid. I pulled the dipstick out and wiped it off, stuck it back in and puleld it back out. only to find no fluid on the dipstick visible!!!!.. I figured I toasted my transmission. My dad said it should be fine as long as you put some more fluid in it. I did just that and took it for a drive. It seems fine now but I was just wondering if I did any damage to it? When it was 'slipping' I never got on it hard and I never kept going when it did I always let off. Hopefully it's alright

btw, 96' atx zetec with ~144k (estimate) on it.

-Josh

96' ATX Zetec- stock 96' ATX Zetec- Modded Kenwood KDC-319 5.75"-2 MTX 12's Roady XT Custom door panels Mystique Cluster/oil pressure Getting repainted(in primer) Pre98 Lip SE skirts Mystique front lip dingless badgeless
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
You can worry about it if it does break down in the future. For now, I suggest changing the ATFluid and calling it a day.
http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=tranny&Number=992476&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
Thanks, I planned on doing so tomarrow.

I drove it up town and it seems fine, I even did a few WOT runs to 60 or so and it shifted perfectly fine. I also checked the fluid and it was still up there.

96' ATX Zetec- stock 96' ATX Zetec- Modded Kenwood KDC-319 5.75"-2 MTX 12's Roady XT Custom door panels Mystique Cluster/oil pressure Getting repainted(in primer) Pre98 Lip SE skirts Mystique front lip dingless badgeless

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard