Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I got it today. I'm really excited. ALL of the bolt holes line up and the intake ports and injectors all line up. Check it out...

I'll have to notch the alternator bracket about 3/4" for the manifold to clear. No biggie.

The JRSC M62...

On my new motor with no brackets or alternator.

I apologize for the quality of the pictures. They were all taken with my crappy picture phone. Hopefully I'll have a decent camera after this weekend.

BP

Ben ---'96 Contour GL * Zetec ATX * Tan on Black steelies--- +++JRSC M62 Under Construction+++ My big-a$$ mod list.
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
I hate you

Ok with that said, I really really do hate you though.

You make me want to finish my tranny off and buy a new one, along with a jrsc.

When you finally get it on you better have tons of videos!

96' ATX Zetec- stock 96' ATX Zetec- Modded Kenwood KDC-319 5.75"-2 MTX 12's Roady XT Custom door panels Mystique Cluster/oil pressure Getting repainted(in primer) Pre98 Lip SE skirts Mystique front lip dingless badgeless
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K

That is all.

My ride(Cardomain link) : '95 Contour 16V Zetec DOHC, Teal , ATX Born on Sep. 4, 1995 86+ miles *LEDs mods are on their way!*
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
so what kind of issues do you think you'll run into installation wise?

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
N
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
N
Good God! thats amazing.

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I'd like to know if that thing has a cooler of some kind under the compressor...

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by pre98zetec:
I hate you

last night, i dreamed about this....this morning i woke up stuck to the bed.

kevin m 98 T-red mystique gs zetec ATX | my ride |
D
d c Offline
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by IonNinja:
so what kind of issues do you think you'll run into installation wise?

when i fitted the JRSC BBK to my mondeo 2ltr zetec last month i had to use a focus alternator and IAC valve. where the the front alternator bolt goes through, the inner wing was in the way so i used some threaded rod (studding) and fitted it from the inside out and put some loctite on a nut on each end.
the bracket which bolts under the intake manifold (to support the SC) to the block never fitted my engine ( i had a bracket which supports the drive shaft)so i had to modify the support bracket.another thing is you may need a focus fuel rail if you have the earlier zetec engine.
if you are going to use a larger TB you will need a focus throttle bracket if your TB doesnt have one and maybe a focus throttle cable.not sure if you'll (Buttonpuncher) have the same issues hope you dont. by the way my JRSC is the m45.
feel free to ask any questions (if you need to) and i'll do my best to help you
good luck and keep posting pics of your progress

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Thanks for the info. I know that the alternator and support bracket are going to be an issue. Considering that the JRSC was never meant to go on a pre-98 (Silvertop) Zetec. I found out late last night that the passenger side motor mount is going to be a problem. I also just woke up, so I haven't even had a chance to modify that one bracket yet.

Originally posted by TourDeForce:
I'd like to know if that thing has a cooler of some kind under the compressor...

Unfortunately not. The Focus guys are running methanol/water injection for higher boost pressures. If I can find somebody locally, I'm going to modify the manifold and route it through my Spearco water-air intercooler.

Originally posted by mystiquevltwin:
Originally posted by pre98zetec:
I hate you

last night, i dreamed about this....this morning i woke up stuck to the bed.

That just ain't right.

BP

Last edited by ButtonPuncher; 07/25/06 04:56 PM.

Ben ---'96 Contour GL * Zetec ATX * Tan on Black steelies--- +++JRSC M62 Under Construction+++ My big-a$$ mod list.
D
d c Offline
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by ButtonPuncher:
Thanks for the info. I know that the alternator and support bracket are going to be an issue. Considering that the JRSC was never meant to go on a pre-98 (Silvertop) Zetec. I found out late last night that the passenger side motor mount is going to be a problem.

there is a guy here in the uk who has fitted a JRSC to his silvertop mondeo.i know he had some issues with getting it to fit. he comes on here from time to time his user name is percybigun. he has a website about his mondeo..... http://www.percybigun.co.uk/mondeo1/mk1index.htm
i know him and he will not mind if you want to send him a pm
he is also on the MEG forum.... http://www.fordmondeo.org/forum/index.php?

Last edited by d c; 07/25/06 07:23 PM.
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Looks good.....I hate you.....I miss my Tour!

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Sweet jebus.

Yes, what he's doing is kick ass, but...

you drive an EVO!!

Seriously BP, how much of a "bolt-on" project this will be is critical info. The more details of that the better.

2000 Rio Red I4 Cougar 200whp & 210wtq at 9psi 254whp & 276wtq with NX 35shot WRX TD04 Turbo, Cut Short Shifter, Strut Tower Bar, 17" ZN Wheels, Roush Springs, Starion Intercooler, NX 35 shot, HKS SS BOV, Full 3" exhaust,StreetFlight Chip
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by Seawulf:
Sweet jebus.

Yes, what he's doing is kick ass, but...

you drive an EVO!!

Seriously BP, how much of a "bolt-on" project this will be is critical info. The more details of that the better.

Contour was my car for so long.....did so much with it.....

I love the Evo....just need some more years/more mods under my belt!

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I'm happy to report that both the side accessory bracket fits AND the alternator fits! The bracket had to be hacked up in a couple places to both clear the intake and the JRSC. The alternator had to be swung out about 2.75" in order to clear the JRSC. I will need to make a bracket/spacer to hold the alternator out and for the new idler pulley. Here are some pics of what I did...

Mounted properly, the alternator hits the bottom of the JRSC. I rotated it out in order to clear.

The bracket had to be notched to clear the intake.

Here it is on the motor with the intake mounted.

Here's a shot of the top of the bracket. I had to cut both the engine lifting bracket and top of the bracket.

Motor lift bracket chopped.

Here's the side view of the top of the bracket. I cut just next to the top alternator mounting point.

I had to round off the lower outside alternator mounting point. The alternator wouldn't rotate out without removing that bump.

All of the removed pieces.

Here you can see that there is almost no clearance between the stock 3.6" JRSC pulley and the passenger side motor mount. Fortunately, I'm going to be using a much smaller pulley. (I'm keeping my crank UDP on so my JRSC pulley size starts at 2.9" and goes down from there.) You can also see in this pic how the top of the bracket now clears the snout of the JRSC.

I'm thinking about welding a box into the manifold opening and cutting a 3" hole in the bottom. I'd then weld a 3" elbow to the bottom of the manifold. That way I could route the blower output through my water-air intercooler. I was just sizing up a 3" hole in this pic...

WOW, that was a b!tch of a post to type. I hope that all of the pics make sense.

BP

R
R_G Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
ButtonPuncher is my hero

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Looking real good.

C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Good on ya, BP. Way better than Hector's.

2000 Contour SE 2.5L ATX - Toreador Red 2001 VW Golf GLS 2.0L MTX - Tornado Red Buy my possessed VCR!!
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by ChattavegasSE:
Good on ya, BP. Way better than Hector's.

Who started this trend? If I would have kept the car; look out....but I decided to "upgrade"

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Very true. Without Hector proving that is could be done, I'd still be in uncharted territory.

He was also doing the same thing that I am... He stumbled onto a great deal on a JRSC and decided to make it work. The M45's were much more plentiful than the (then brand new) M62 superchargers.

After seeing Hector's install, the Mondeo guys, and now my own install... If I were a 98+ Zetec guy, I'd go buy a friggin' Powerworks intercooled M62. It's practically a bolt on with incredible intercooled goodness.

They just dropped the price AGAIN to $3350. 98+ guys, you should really check this out.

BP

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
So when were you planning on inviting me over to check it out.....sheesh we'll practically be neighbors after next week....

99 SE V6\5spd - 156 HP\157 TQ 15.166-90.84 Totaled 02/12/06 99 SVT # 1571 - 175 HP\153 TQ 14.999-91.88 Born 3/24/99 Reborn 3/18/06 Pietenpol Racing Technologies project vehicle 90 Festiva L 5spd, Blue(not for long), 103k
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S

They just dropped the price AGAIN to $3350. 98+ guys, you should really check this out.

BP

What's the deal with being +/- '98? Also, even though they've said they'd fit, until somebody actually installs one on a newer Tour or Cougar, I'll hold off on calling PWs an option. Has it been done?

2000 Rio Red I4 Cougar 200whp & 210wtq at 9psi 254whp & 276wtq with NX 35shot WRX TD04 Turbo, Cut Short Shifter, Strut Tower Bar, 17" ZN Wheels, Roush Springs, Starion Intercooler, NX 35 shot, HKS SS BOV, Full 3" exhaust,StreetFlight Chip
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
To my knowledge, a PW SC hasn't been done on a 98+ Contour/Mystique/Cougar. BUT IT SHOULD!!!

The cool thing about all 98+ Zetecs, is that they are almost IDENTICAL to a Focus Zetec. The problem with the pre-98 Zetecs is that the entire accessory drive is different, the passenger side motor mount is different (and friggin' huge), water pump, timing belt cover and routing, and the oil pump and pan is different. On the 98+'s, it's all the same as the Focus. Besides little things, fitment should be cake. Just look at Hector's JRSC install. He only had to do little stuff. Even the idler bracket worked.

The Powerworks superchargers are also starting to pop up on the Focus forum's for sale sections. Buy one and see if it works. If not, clean it up and ebay it!

BP

H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by EVOLUTION VIII:

Me too...It's gonna take a long time for me to get used to this truck as being "my car" you know. I've had it for several months now and it hasn't quite soaked in yet. Plus the fact that the Merc was my first car....

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by MadMerc97:
Originally posted by EVOLUTION VIII:

Me too...It's gonna take a long time for me to get used to this truck as being "my car" you know. I've had it for several months now and it hasn't quite soaked in yet. Plus the fact that the Merc was my first car....

I know how you feel, I like my corolla for a slew of reasons, but the contour still takes the cake. The number 1 being stick shift... I REALLY wish my corolla werent an auto...

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by AliasJerkââ??¢:
I REALLY wish my corolla werent an auto...

Not to rub it in but... Did I mention that I'm buying a MTX Zetec in two weeks? I'll finally have a project car!

BP

M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M

Not to rub it in but... Did I mention that I'm buying a MTX Zetec in two weeks? I'll finally have a project car!

BP

i hate you even more.......

what is the supercharger going into?

kevin m 98 T-red mystique gs zetec ATX | my ride |
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C

BP

i hate you even more.......

I think it's going in the MTX car he's getting.

A friend of mine just got the PWSC for his '00 ZX3. Hopefully it'll be installed soon; he's scheduled to drop it in the shop August 1. Right now, it's powdercoat time for a lot of the bits and do-dads.

2000 Contour SE 2.5L ATX - Toreador Red 2001 VW Golf GLS 2.0L MTX - Tornado Red Buy my possessed VCR!!
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
The cool thing about all 98+ Zetecs, is that they are almost IDENTICAL to a Focus Zetec. The problem with the pre-98 Zetecs is that the entire accessory drive is different, the passenger side motor mount is different (and friggin' huge), water pump, timing belt cover and routing, and the oil pump and pan is different. On the 98+'s, it's all the same as the Focus. Besides little things, fitment should be cake. Just look at Hector's JRSC install. He only had to do little stuff. Even the idler bracket worked.

I'm not sure I agree with this completely. My dad has a Focus and there are so many differences between our engines. The main differences, though, are exhaust related. On the Focus, the exhaust channel in the oil pan is down the middle. On my engine, it's on the passenger side. This is why no Focus turbo's work on our enignes, because the downpipes are so different. The Focus downpipe is an easier straight shot down the middle, while mine is a snake that weaves here and there.

The main reason why yours and Hectors is working, I feel, is because the SCs bolt onto the intake side, where our engines are basically the same. My dad and I have basically the same intake manifold and our stock injectors and fuel rail is exactlythe same.

Still, it's awesome you're doing this and you and Hector are pioneers at showing the SC can work on these engines.

L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by Seawulf:
jectors and fuel rail is exactlythe same.

Still, it's awesome you're doing this and you and Hector are pioneers at showing the SC can work on these engines.

Thanks, someone had to do it first.

I am glad Ben is picking up where I left off.

C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
ButtonPuncher,
Congratulations. You said you were going to do this. Make Zetec history my man.Get her done!

2006 Mustang GT 2004 Mustang GT (Gone) 2004 Yamaha FZ1 1995 Contour GL 1982 Cutlass 2 door
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Thanks guys!

I've gotta get off my a$$ and sell a bunch of stuff. I really want to get this all together before the end of next month. I still need to buy a MAF, wideband O2, and other basic gauges.

Actually, I'm not quite sure yet. I really should throw it on the MTX and return my ATX back to near-stock so that I can eventually sell it. BUT the MTX that I'm buying has 175k on it. I don't know what tranny is more fragile, an ATX with 140k, or a MTX with 175k.

I do have a spare clutch that I got with my new MTX-75, I could thow that in relatively easily. How much power will a stock clutch handle before slipping? I guess that also makes me wonder how much a stage 3 clutch costs and if it's worth mating to an old/worn MTX-75.

I probably won't have the cash to have HMS build up my spare MTX-75 until winter/spring.

BP

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
the stock trans should be fine. mine has 223k on it with the original clutch. i would probably throw in the new clutch and go with that.

97 contour gl mtx front & rear upper strut tower braces 19mm bat sway bar Koni struts w/GC knockoffs
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
When I dyno'd my Cougar I did 50 pulls at around 210wtq with no slip on a stock clutch with around 50k miles. Did one nitrous pull with 276wtq with no slip.

Remember, the SC will put out less TQ than a turbo. For around 200whp, I'd say just get a new stocker. Though, if you plan on peeling out from every light, then an upgrade might be good.

B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Stage 3??????

If you have a new stocker throw it in. I ran a new stock clutch in the 3L and beat the hell out of it.

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Always better to "overbuild" to prevent future mishaps.

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Yeah, I've heard the stage 1 or stage 3 are good. But to stay away from stage 2 because they are organic and don't work that well. I'm guessing that the stocker is similar to a stage one, so if I'm upgrading, I should just throw the stage 3 in there.

For now I'm going to put the new stock clutch that I have in there. It's free so you can't really beat that.

Plus, if it's good enough for a 3L it should be good enough for a FI'd Zetec.

BP

P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
nice idea mate! i love the JRSC M45 on my 2.0 mondeo but i wish i'd got the M62, BUT i just didnt wanna take the risk of having it shipped over from USA to find it wouldnt fit and then have to ship it back. and i already knew the M45 would fit the zetec so i opted for that.

i had a look at a focus ST170 with the powerworks supercharger and its VERY unlikely it would fit on a zetec mondeo/contour/mystique do to it being fitted down the back of the engine and on a mondeo theres no room there and alot of other gubbins to do with the steering etc which cant be moved.

shame cos the powerworks is making over 300bhp on that focus!

incidentally the svt has different fuel rail, injectors, throttle body and fuel rail wiring loom to the zetec (to name but a few things) and these are different to the normal focus zetec parts too.

D
d c Offline
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
D
Any updates on the installation BP?

J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Yes!!! Please post updates!!!!

"Do what you like, Because you have to drive it!"-Me 99 Contour LX 95 Mustang GT Convertible 97 Z24 Cavalier
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Sorry for the delay. I've been working extra hours and trying to sell stuff to pull this all off...

Right now I'm waiting on my 2.4" pulley to get delivered. Hopefully it will show up next week. (Just sent the check on Tuesday.)

After that I can nail down exactly how the idlers are going to have to be set up. If my measurements are right, the 2.4" pulley will let the serp belt JUST fit by the passenger side motor mount. That way I can position the idler so that I will have an awesome wrap on bot the alternator and the supercharger.

I'm also going to pick up my '96 MTX Zetec Contour on Saturday. I've been working on getting a bunch of stuff sold so that I can get this puppy up and running before the end of September.

Please check out my turbo and intercooler in the classifieds!!! I really need to unload this stuff before moving on.

BP

C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Well do it then!!!

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Well guys I've suffered a massive blow today. My apartment was robbed. They didn't take any of my tools or car stuff but they got two computers, speakers, and a bunch of other stuff. I'm still adding it up but probably $5k+.

I've gotta contact my insurance agent and get a bunch of other crap done.

I was really excited until tonight. I picked up my MTX project car on Saturday, all for this to fu(king happen.

My head is still swimming over what happened. I've gotta get this stuff sorted out. I'm not sure how much this will delay my project. I just hope that I don't have to sell my JRSC.

Later,
Ben

P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Wow. That really sucks. Hopefully this won't interfere with your project. Good Luck.

'98 Contour Pacific Green(Modded) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/676416 FS:'98-00 Contour front bumper.Brand new unused (Non-SVT)
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Sorry to hear this....good luck!

D
d c Offline
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
D
awe man thats not good, keep your head up and dont sell the SC youll regret it later. hope you get things sorted real quick. good luck dude.

P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Man that sucks, I hate theives.. You'll get it sorted out..:)

96' ATX Zetec- stock 96' ATX Zetec- Modded Kenwood KDC-319 5.75"-2 MTX 12's Roady XT Custom door panels Mystique Cluster/oil pressure Getting repainted(in primer) Pre98 Lip SE skirts Mystique front lip dingless badgeless
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
damn thats terrible.

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
I'm sorry to hear about this.!!

That is horrible to hear. I hate thieves!!!

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
wow thats rough, i guess your lucky no one was home or something, that is a lot worse than having material goods stolen. Thats too bad.

I hope it works out.

Dan

Dan 2000 Mercury Mystique Tidal Wave Blue 17" Maxxim Ahead Gold Rims ED Molded Bodykit http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2384075
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Ben, sorry to hear about the misfortune. If you need help with anything don't hesitate to call.

~Josh

99 SE V6\5spd - 156 HP\157 TQ 15.166-90.84 Totaled 02/12/06 99 SVT # 1571 - 175 HP\153 TQ 14.999-91.88 Born 3/24/99 Reborn 3/18/06 Pietenpol Racing Technologies project vehicle 90 Festiva L 5spd, Blue(not for long), 103k
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Thanks everybody.

This weekend I'm going to be driving around to all of the used computer stores in the area. I'm going to be handing out a sheet with pictures and a description of my stolen computers. If the theives are desperate enough to steal a 20lb jar full of change, I'm pretty sure that they are just going to try and sell my computers for cash.

I also figured out that they were driving some old small car. Either a 90-94 Geo Metro, 90-93 Ford Festiva, or a 90-94 Subaru Justy. Those are the only cars that I've found that have either a 145/80R12 or a 145/70R13 tire. (I figured out the tire size from the oily track that they left behind.) Considering the size, it may also have been a trailer tire. I think they would have taken MUCH more if they had a trailer though.

I'm praying that these worthless piece of crap get caught.

Later,
Ben

K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Thanks everybody.

This weekend I'm going to be driving around to all of the used computer stores in the area. I'm going to be handing out a sheet with pictures and a description of my stolen computers. If the theives are desperate enough to steal a 20lb jar full of change, I'm pretty sure that they are just going to try and sell my computers for cash.

I also figured out that they were driving some old small car. Either a 90-94 Geo Metro, 90-93 Ford Festiva, or a 90-94 Subaru Justy. Those are the only cars that I've found that have either a 145/80R12 or a 145/70R13 tire. (I figured out the tire size from the oily track that they left behind.) Considering the size, it may also have been a trailer tire. I think they would have taken MUCH more if they had a trailer though.

I'm praying that these worthless piece of crap get caught.

Later,
Ben

Right on! Thats the attitude you need. You might just get lucky and the police might find the robbers. Hope it turns out okay.

My ride(Cardomain link) : '95 Contour 16V Zetec DOHC, Teal , ATX Born on Sep. 4, 1995 86+ miles *LEDs mods are on their way!*
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Good news!!!

I got the 2.4" pulley on Saturday and it looks like I'm just going to clear the passenger side motor mount. I'm still to grind some of it off to make sure that it doesn't rub at all. This is soo awesome. Now I will only need one idler pulley and I will have a 2/3 wrap on the alternator and a 3/4wrap on the JRSC. Absolutely perfect.

I've gotta go borrow my parent's camera so I can show everybody.

BP

D
d c Offline
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
D
another step closer, keep it up

R
R_G Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by d c:
another step closer, keep it up

W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Good news!!!

I got the 2.4" pulley on Saturday and it looks like I'm just going to clear the passenger side motor mount. I'm still to grind some of it off to make sure that it doesn't rub at all. This is soo awesome. Now I will only need one idler pulley and I will have a 2/3 wrap on the alternator and a 3/4wrap on the JRSC. Absolutely perfect.

I've gotta go borrow my parent's camera so I can show everybody.

BP

Very awesome work!

I can't wait to see the outcome.

I don't normally check the zetec forum.....it sort of feels like going into your little brothers room for me. lol
I hover in the 3L, FI, Dyno, Brakes forums and sometimes the 2.5L forums.
Anyway, when you get this done post it up in the big forced induction forum so everyone can drool over it.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
You bet! I was actually posting it in here to keep it under the radar of the FI guys. I want it to be a surprise.

I'd love to post a dyno of my SuperZ pushing 250-300WHP.

It's going to be quite a while before that happens though. Because of the break-in I'm probably just going to run a mild boost setup this fall. I won't have the cash 'til spring for all of the goodies that I need for more boost.

BP

W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Hmmm. Well good luck with it and hopefully you can get the goodies early enough in spring before the spring zing meet.

I'll be watching out for it.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Well, after looking at the setup with you last night Ben i've got just as many idea for your engine as i do my 2.5.

If you don't mind i'ld like to stop by again one of these nights with some of my drafting equipment.....I want to design a new engine mount for that thing to get some of the crap out of the way and fabricating from plate steel maybe even lighten things up a bit. Also I was VERY impressed with your intercooler idea...very simple yet effective.

~Josh

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Cool! Thanks Josh!

Whenever you want to stop over, just give me a call. I've got a four day weekend coming up (took Tuesday off).

...custom motor mount...how cool would that be?!?

Heck, I'll push the engine across the street so you can do all the measuring you want.

BP

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard