Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by ButtonPuncher:

They just dropped the price AGAIN to $3350. 98+ guys, you should really check this out.

BP

What's the deal with being +/- '98? Also, even though they've said they'd fit, until somebody actually installs one on a newer Tour or Cougar, I'll hold off on calling PWs an option. Has it been done?

2000 Rio Red I4 Cougar 200whp & 210wtq at 9psi 254whp & 276wtq with NX 35shot WRX TD04 Turbo, Cut Short Shifter, Strut Tower Bar, 17" ZN Wheels, Roush Springs, Starion Intercooler, NX 35 shot, HKS SS BOV, Full 3" exhaust,StreetFlight Chip
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
To my knowledge, a PW SC hasn't been done on a 98+ Contour/Mystique/Cougar. BUT IT SHOULD!!!

The cool thing about all 98+ Zetecs, is that they are almost IDENTICAL to a Focus Zetec. The problem with the pre-98 Zetecs is that the entire accessory drive is different, the passenger side motor mount is different (and friggin' huge), water pump, timing belt cover and routing, and the oil pump and pan is different. On the 98+'s, it's all the same as the Focus. Besides little things, fitment should be cake. Just look at Hector's JRSC install. He only had to do little stuff. Even the idler bracket worked.

The Powerworks superchargers are also starting to pop up on the Focus forum's for sale sections. Buy one and see if it works. If not, clean it up and ebay it!

BP

Ben ---'96 Contour GL * Zetec ATX * Tan on Black steelies--- +++JRSC M62 Under Construction+++ My big-a$$ mod list.
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by EVOLUTION VIII:
Looks good.....I hate you.....I miss my Tour!

Me too...It's gonna take a long time for me to get used to this truck as being "my car" you know. I've had it for several months now and it hasn't quite soaked in yet. Plus the fact that the Merc was my first car....

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by MadMerc97:
Originally posted by EVOLUTION VIII:
Looks good.....I hate you.....I miss my Tour!

Me too...It's gonna take a long time for me to get used to this truck as being "my car" you know. I've had it for several months now and it hasn't quite soaked in yet. Plus the fact that the Merc was my first car....

I know how you feel, I like my corolla for a slew of reasons, but the contour still takes the cake. The number 1 being stick shift... I REALLY wish my corolla werent an auto...

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by AliasJerkââ??¢:
I REALLY wish my corolla werent an auto...

Not to rub it in but... Did I mention that I'm buying a MTX Zetec in two weeks? I'll finally have a project car!

BP

Ben ---'96 Contour GL * Zetec ATX * Tan on Black steelies--- +++JRSC M62 Under Construction+++ My big-a$$ mod list.
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M

Not to rub it in but... Did I mention that I'm buying a MTX Zetec in two weeks? I'll finally have a project car!

BP

i hate you even more.......

what is the supercharger going into?

kevin m 98 T-red mystique gs zetec ATX | my ride |
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by mystiquevltwin:

BP

i hate you even more.......

what is the supercharger going into?

I think it's going in the MTX car he's getting.

A friend of mine just got the PWSC for his '00 ZX3. Hopefully it'll be installed soon; he's scheduled to drop it in the shop August 1. Right now, it's powdercoat time for a lot of the bits and do-dads.

2000 Contour SE 2.5L ATX - Toreador Red 2001 VW Golf GLS 2.0L MTX - Tornado Red Buy my possessed VCR!!
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
The cool thing about all 98+ Zetecs, is that they are almost IDENTICAL to a Focus Zetec. The problem with the pre-98 Zetecs is that the entire accessory drive is different, the passenger side motor mount is different (and friggin' huge), water pump, timing belt cover and routing, and the oil pump and pan is different. On the 98+'s, it's all the same as the Focus. Besides little things, fitment should be cake. Just look at Hector's JRSC install. He only had to do little stuff. Even the idler bracket worked.

I'm not sure I agree with this completely. My dad has a Focus and there are so many differences between our engines. The main differences, though, are exhaust related. On the Focus, the exhaust channel in the oil pan is down the middle. On my engine, it's on the passenger side. This is why no Focus turbo's work on our enignes, because the downpipes are so different. The Focus downpipe is an easier straight shot down the middle, while mine is a snake that weaves here and there.

The main reason why yours and Hectors is working, I feel, is because the SCs bolt onto the intake side, where our engines are basically the same. My dad and I have basically the same intake manifold and our stock injectors and fuel rail is exactlythe same.

Still, it's awesome you're doing this and you and Hector are pioneers at showing the SC can work on these engines.

2000 Rio Red I4 Cougar 200whp & 210wtq at 9psi 254whp & 276wtq with NX 35shot WRX TD04 Turbo, Cut Short Shifter, Strut Tower Bar, 17" ZN Wheels, Roush Springs, Starion Intercooler, NX 35 shot, HKS SS BOV, Full 3" exhaust,StreetFlight Chip
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by Seawulf:
jectors and fuel rail is exactlythe same.

Still, it's awesome you're doing this and you and Hector are pioneers at showing the SC can work on these engines.

Thanks, someone had to do it first.

I am glad Ben is picking up where I left off.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
ButtonPuncher,
Congratulations. You said you were going to do this. Make Zetec history my man.Get her done!

2006 Mustang GT 2004 Mustang GT (Gone) 2004 Yamaha FZ1 1995 Contour GL 1982 Cutlass 2 door
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard