Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I got it today. I'm really excited. ALL of the bolt holes line up and the intake ports and injectors all line up. Check it out...

I'll have to notch the alternator bracket about 3/4" for the manifold to clear. No biggie.

The JRSC M62...

On my new motor with no brackets or alternator.

I apologize for the quality of the pictures. They were all taken with my crappy picture phone. Hopefully I'll have a decent camera after this weekend.

BP

Ben ---'96 Contour GL * Zetec ATX * Tan on Black steelies--- +++JRSC M62 Under Construction+++ My big-a$$ mod list.
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
I hate you

Ok with that said, I really really do hate you though.

You make me want to finish my tranny off and buy a new one, along with a jrsc.

When you finally get it on you better have tons of videos!

96' ATX Zetec- stock 96' ATX Zetec- Modded Kenwood KDC-319 5.75"-2 MTX 12's Roady XT Custom door panels Mystique Cluster/oil pressure Getting repainted(in primer) Pre98 Lip SE skirts Mystique front lip dingless badgeless
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K

That is all.

My ride(Cardomain link) : '95 Contour 16V Zetec DOHC, Teal , ATX Born on Sep. 4, 1995 86+ miles *LEDs mods are on their way!*
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
so what kind of issues do you think you'll run into installation wise?

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
N
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
N
Good God! thats amazing.

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
I'd like to know if that thing has a cooler of some kind under the compressor...

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by pre98zetec:
I hate you

last night, i dreamed about this....this morning i woke up stuck to the bed.

kevin m 98 T-red mystique gs zetec ATX | my ride |
D
d c Offline
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by IonNinja:
so what kind of issues do you think you'll run into installation wise?

when i fitted the JRSC BBK to my mondeo 2ltr zetec last month i had to use a focus alternator and IAC valve. where the the front alternator bolt goes through, the inner wing was in the way so i used some threaded rod (studding) and fitted it from the inside out and put some loctite on a nut on each end.
the bracket which bolts under the intake manifold (to support the SC) to the block never fitted my engine ( i had a bracket which supports the drive shaft)so i had to modify the support bracket.another thing is you may need a focus fuel rail if you have the earlier zetec engine.
if you are going to use a larger TB you will need a focus throttle bracket if your TB doesnt have one and maybe a focus throttle cable.not sure if you'll (Buttonpuncher) have the same issues hope you dont. by the way my JRSC is the m45.
feel free to ask any questions (if you need to) and i'll do my best to help you
good luck and keep posting pics of your progress

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Thanks for the info. I know that the alternator and support bracket are going to be an issue. Considering that the JRSC was never meant to go on a pre-98 (Silvertop) Zetec. I found out late last night that the passenger side motor mount is going to be a problem. I also just woke up, so I haven't even had a chance to modify that one bracket yet.

Originally posted by TourDeForce:
I'd like to know if that thing has a cooler of some kind under the compressor...

Unfortunately not. The Focus guys are running methanol/water injection for higher boost pressures. If I can find somebody locally, I'm going to modify the manifold and route it through my Spearco water-air intercooler.

Originally posted by mystiquevltwin:
Originally posted by pre98zetec:
I hate you

last night, i dreamed about this....this morning i woke up stuck to the bed.

That just ain't right.

BP

Last edited by ButtonPuncher; 07/25/06 04:56 PM.

Ben ---'96 Contour GL * Zetec ATX * Tan on Black steelies--- +++JRSC M62 Under Construction+++ My big-a$$ mod list.
D
d c Offline
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by ButtonPuncher:
Thanks for the info. I know that the alternator and support bracket are going to be an issue. Considering that the JRSC was never meant to go on a pre-98 (Silvertop) Zetec. I found out late last night that the passenger side motor mount is going to be a problem.

there is a guy here in the uk who has fitted a JRSC to his silvertop mondeo.i know he had some issues with getting it to fit. he comes on here from time to time his user name is percybigun. he has a website about his mondeo..... http://www.percybigun.co.uk/mondeo1/mk1index.htm
i know him and he will not mind if you want to send him a pm
he is also on the MEG forum.... http://www.fordmondeo.org/forum/index.php?

Last edited by d c; 07/25/06 07:23 PM.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard