New CEG\'er
I
Then what do the do?

I
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
I
*then what do they do? Im confused on what to do, I just spent a crap load of money on Lim w/ injectors,valve covers,uim,tb gaskets and an svt tb cable. and id like to use the injectors but i dont know what to do now.And i cant use xcal2 because i dont have a lab top. Any othersuggestions?

P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
You can use the SVT injec/LIM/UIM/TB/MAF on the car, and you will gain power. Not as much power as an SVT but you will get more power. But if you use the SVT inject. you will need a tune because as mentioned before, you will send too much fuel and run real rich.

My suggestion since you bought all that stuff already, is to buy an Xcal2 from Brent White at Brenspeed.com Tell him everything that you have done to the car and he can set you up with the xcal2 and a tune, specifically for your set-up.

You do not need a laptop to use an XCAL2. You need a laptop only if you plan on datalogging.
You need a pc only, if you get the PRP software.

The Xcal2 is a stand-alone tuner (with many upgrades available for it, like the PRP)

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by Ifordman98:
What if i am putting in my SVT LIM,UIM and TB with it?

What about it?

Put that stuff on and get it working. Then check your fuel trims to see if you are getting close to max fuel trims. It won't hurt you a bit.
Just changing the manifolds isn't going to magically increase your power enough to require injector changes. It is the CAMS and the ability to swallow more air near the redline RPM that makes the SVTs require a higher weight injector. Beleive me, the 19# injectors are way more than any stock SVT or modified 2.5L NA SVT needs anyway. The 19s are big enough for any normally modified NA 3L as well.
You only change injectors when at WOT you are seeing duty cycles on the injectors approaching 80% (which you wont) THEN you should upgrade the size.

NO TUNING is necessary by changing manifolds or anything in the intake tract. There is no freaking way you can gain that much airflow to require bigger injectors without at the least a cam change and/or a change in the max rpm that you can rev your car too.
That's not to say you won't gain some power with that stuff, but it won't be beyond the capability of the stock injection system and don't expect a miracle.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Yeah, what Posthuman said!

If you want a tune for more power then Bent will have to alter the timing and the A/F mixture a bit, but shouldn't be anything major and probably doesn't require the bigger injectors. However, if you just want to run them because they are new and you have them then get the XCAL2 and a tune like Posthuman said. It will be cheaper and more satisfying in the long run.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I can back this up, check out the dyno plots of my car, last dyno I had a stock intake with a SVT airbox on my car, this year on the dyno I had a full SVT intake on the car, didn't gain much if any power but the A/F with the stock SE injectors was better then before, instead of going very rich at 3krpm it was fairly level out to 5k rpm before it dropped off rich

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
I
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
I
Thank you

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard