Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
yeah its normal, duratecs spew out lots of carbon, you should have seen Stazi's SVT on the dyno... I saw a video, there was just a constant flow of black smoke out the back... not THICK black, but rich black.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by DyComet:
Well I replaced 2 o2 sensors within the past 200 miles so I don't think that could be a problem. I drove the car around a little more tonight it isn't spewing as much but it still is. Is there any way to fix this?

There is nothing to fix. This is a relatively normal ocurrance.

Steve

98 Contour SE Sport 2.5 Duratec ATX The wifey's car 89 Taurus SHO - 246K miles 94 SHO ATX - 190K 1997 F-150 5.4L ATX - The Workhorse 150K. ANY THREAD WITH "OMG" or "WTF" ETC IN THE TITLE WILL BE IGNORED!
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
If the car is fully warmed up, it will produce less or no carbon. If the weather is damp, it will make more water from the exhaust system.

R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Everybody is right. It is just condensation in your exhaust spewing out carbon, etc...

Nothing to worry about at all.

For Sale - 96 Tour Sport 2.5L MTX with SVT Exhaust, pre 98 trunklid with newer Contour Sport spoiler instead of lip spoiler, newer Contour sport rims. Newer paint job. Brand new floor mats. Rust Free! PM me for details and pics.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard