Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
P
I have a cougar with a 3.0 in it. I will be adding the SVT UIM LIM and TB, is there going to be any odd ball gasktets or parts needed for that swap?

99 merc cougar, Auto cross junkie
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
Have you port matched the 3L heads? Check out the 3.0 Duratec section for more information, and search, you'll find the info quickly. BTW, use the function AND as well as making sure you hit all posts in the drop down menu, it'll make your search quick, easy, and loads more useful, also read the stickies at the top.

'99 Spruce Green SE "Sport" 'Tour, 2.5L MTX...80K and running like it just rolled off the lot. Tryin' to add an extra .5L ASAP
P
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
P
I had adaptor plates made up to mate the cougar LIM to the engine. I am guesing I will have to open the holes up on them a bit

99 merc cougar, Auto cross junkie
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
If you already did that then you won't need anything special I don't think.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
nope, just a 10mm socket and a ratchet.

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Quote:

Don't the manifold bolts all the manifold bolts use an 8mm socket?

Quote:

I had adaptor plates made up to mate the cougar LIM to the engine. I am guesing I will have to open the holes up on them a bit

If you do have an adapter plate post a picture of it. I'd be curious to see how that works. I thought we didn't have enough clearnance under our hood to get a plate in there that would work. The plate would have to be less than an inch thick and would be a pretty drastic change.

1999 3.0L Cougar: 220fwhp and 200tq 2003 VW Passat W8 with 4 Motion AWD http://www.cardomain.com/ride/300644 PM for intrest in 3L SVT Contours, 3L swaps into your current car, Prepped 3L engines, or anything 3L related.
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Blackcoog:
Quote:

Don't the manifold bolts all the manifold bolts use an 8mm socket?

Quote:

If you do have an adapter plate post a picture of it. I'd be curious to see how that works. I thought we didn't have enough clearnance under our hood to get a plate in there that would work. The plate would have to be less than an inch thick and would be a pretty drastic change.

yea, I just thought that after I posted...figured someone would say something. I cant remember everything!!!! you can assemble about all of this damn engine using a 8mm 10mm and 13mm

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard