Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
F
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
F
Well to start off with i have a 98 svt tour..I just recently replaced the drivetrain..And just noticed today i could move my wheels back and forth nothing that bad..Not sure what it could be so i took both the wheels of and tighted my hub nuts..( Since i removed them to take out the driverside axle)..And put it all back together still same thing on both sides..Could it be wheel bearings?...I did some research and didnt find excatly what i was looking for..Sorry if i posted in the wrong Forum..Could someone stair me in the rite direction..

I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
I seem to recall that being an axle problem. Didn't Goonz have trouble with that around SZ?

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
if the wheel studs are tightened and you can shake the wheel, then the wheel bearings are bad.

Jim Hahn 1996 T-Red Contour SE Reborn 4/6/04 3.0L swap and Arizona Dyno Chip Turbo Kit 364 whp, 410 wtq @ 4,700 rpm
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:
if the wheel studs are tightened and you can shake the wheel, then the wheel bearings are bad.

Most likely, but also look at your tie rods and ball joints.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by MapOfTaziFoSho:
Originally posted by beyondloadedSE:

Most likely, but also look at your tie rods and ball joints.

Werd. I think if the wheel has movement when you have your hands at the 12 and 6 position of the tire, then it's a bearing, but if it's from 9 to 3, then it could be tie rods or ball joints.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Have the LCA's been replaced? When the inner bushings go out on the LCA's the wheel will move back and forth.

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

Werd. I think if the wheel has movement when you have your hands at the 12 and 6 position of the tire, then it's a bearing, but if it's from 9 to 3, then it could be tie rods or ball joints.

Mark

98.5 T. Red Contour SVT Lowered on FSVT's http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154233
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
up and down being lose is ball joints.

Side to side being lose is tie rods bad

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard