Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
I'm looking to add a keyless entry system and possible an alarm to my Mystique for convenience and some security. During the school year, I park in a dorm parking lot that's fairly well lit and occasionally patrolled, but there have been incidents of stuff being stolen. My 96 Mystique is anything but flashy, but I do have a CD player I'd prefer wasn't stolen (all of the CDs in my car are burned copies, there's no way I'd leave a real CD in my car to get stolen/hurt from weather).
I'm not looking for a remote start system, as convenient and wonderful as that would be, I would much prefer having that professionally installed because it deals with such necessary functions as...well...starting the car. Price is the primary concern here. I realize I get what I pay for but I'm not looking for much, just a better way to get into my car.
All I really need is two keypads and some way to find my car remotely in the lot.
These are a couple of the eBay auctions that I've found:
One
Two

I've seen the FAQ and I'm confident with the How-To and my mechanical/electrical knowledge I could install it with very few problems. Are either of those items any good? Is there something specific that I should look for? Any help would be great!

"Mod your car tastefully because other people have to look at it." -Me
P
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
No one's ever installed a keyless entry?

"Mod your car tastefully because other people have to look at it." -Me
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
just get a alarm and get plug it with your doorlock

1998.5 Toreador Red/Midnight Blue Contour SVT - #5912/6535 - DOB - 05/11/1998 - RU-3530/CTA Intake Pipe MSDS Heaser/Y-Pipe Magnaflow #10435 9mm Ford racing SPEC Stage one/Spec Alum. Flywheel HERE
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Just installed a viper 160xv today. Remote start and keyless... and got my great employee discount on it!!

Its a nice system for a great price. Oh yeah I forgot to mention I got free install because we needed to train some of our installers.

S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
i did my mine during my working our.. its fun to be paid for being paid while working on is own car

1998.5 Toreador Red/Midnight Blue Contour SVT - #5912/6535 - DOB - 05/11/1998 - RU-3530/CTA Intake Pipe MSDS Heaser/Y-Pipe Magnaflow #10435 9mm Ford racing SPEC Stage one/Spec Alum. Flywheel HERE

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard