Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
I assumed he was referencing a mechnical gauge. I think someone did an electrical one there years ago, but that would be a huge PITA moreso than the mechnical one, it might even be a super tight fit.

Ryan Trollin!
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Yea I doubt that sending unit would fit, there isn't that much room.

The only issue I'm looking to respolve is how everyone with mechanical gauges, who tapped into that spot...How they ran the line that runs to the gauge. I mean, is it safe to run this line against the block (which runs behind the header) or what? Going the long way around would bring up issues with the serp. belt. So, just curious how ya'll have them going.

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Why wouldn't you go vertical from the spot behind the compressor then bring it across the valve cover, behind the engine cover then underneath the air intake to the firewall? I would assume that would be the easiest route. Either that or come up vertical and follow the plug wires, except go underneath the passenger side engine mount to the fire wall and pass through where the ECU is behind the power steering reservoir. Only thing with that route is you would have to send the line behind the dash from the passenger side.

As far as mounting the oil pressure sensor why couldn't I run a 90 off of it and then straight down with stainless line to a fitting where I could mount the sensor. Only thing is I'm starting to wonder if I would be better off mounting it to the back cylinder head, but I heard that, that is a poor spot to mount it and the reading isn't great. So I guess the question is which is the best of these two bad options?

-Mike 98 Contour SVT Toreador Red #49 of 6535 Built on 3/25/97 WR Headers, Borla Cat-Back, Torsen T2 LSD, K&N Short Ram, S-AFC and Focus Shift Tower 85 Camaro 1969 358ci, 97 TA interior, 91 Z28 GrdEfx and Aero Wing 255rwhp
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by posthuman63t:
Yea I doubt that sending unit would fit, there isn't that much room.

The only issue I'm looking to respolve is how everyone with mechanical gauges, who tapped into that spot...How they ran the line that runs to the gauge. I mean, is it safe to run this line against the block (which runs behind the header) or what? Going the long way around would bring up issues with the serp. belt. So, just curious how ya'll have them going.

Mine has copper tubing ran. With the plastic stuff I'd be very careful how I routed it and maybe put some wire loom around it. Mine is just ran across the front, and up over the tranny

Ryan Trollin!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard