Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
when i changed my speaker i discover that both driver side door where black inside (i got a t-red) and the corner of the mirror begin to peel of.. but nothing mention on the carfax

1998.5 Toreador Red/Midnight Blue Contour SVT - #5912/6535 - DOB - 05/11/1998 - RU-3530/CTA Intake Pipe MSDS Heaser/Y-Pipe Magnaflow #10435 9mm Ford racing SPEC Stage one/Spec Alum. Flywheel HERE
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by Berkel:
Update: sooo, I had nothing to do tonight so I decided to do it. Turns out the whole side of the car has been repainted, both doors. I have a nice racing stripe on the side, while the other side is FLAWLESS, mirror-like.

Is it possible to sand down and repaint only part of it, or will I have to get both doors entirely repainted? It's not THAT visible but it sucks.

Pics tomorrow.

put the ding guards back on..

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

B
Berkel Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Tourige:
Update: sooo, I had nothing to do tonight so I decided to do it. Turns out the whole side of the car has been repainted, both doors. I have a nice racing stripe on the side, while the other side is FLAWLESS, mirror-like.

Is it possible to sand down and repaint only part of it, or will I have to get both doors entirely repainted? It's not THAT visible but it sucks.

Pics tomorrow.

Pretty bent up. It would look worse with those things on

It's not that bad, I'm just real picky about my car. From 10 feet away you can't notice it but when you get close you can see the line of where the new paint stopped and the clear is starting to chip.

And the new paint looks like [censored]. Now I know why the whole one side of my car is orange peeled

Oh well, I'll figure somethin out

98.5 T. Red Contour SVT Lowered on FSVT's http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2154233
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T

Pics tomorrow.

Pretty bent up. It would look worse with those things on

It's not that bad, I'm just real picky about my car. From 10 feet away you can't notice it but when you get close you can see the line of where the new paint stopped and the clear is starting to chip.

And the new paint looks like [censored]. Now I know why the whole one side of my car is orange peeled

Oh well, I'll figure somethin out

sand it all down, prep it so that the costs will be cheap when you want it repainted.

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

B
Berkel Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B

sand it all down, prep it so that the costs will be cheap when you want it repainted.

Sounds good. I'll look into it since I'm repainting my hood and bumper when I get a Mirko.

But here's the pics:
Right side, turned out spectacular

Then here's the left side. It's not bad at all but I hate it when [censored] like this happens. And see you can barely notice it from far.

I probably could leave it but I'm too picky

B
Berkel Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by SVT3Rivieres:
when i changed my speaker i discover that both driver side door where black inside (i got a t-red) and the corner of the mirror begin to peel of.. but nothing mention on the carfax

That sucks

That's weird he only told me he repainted the front quarter panel. Now that I find out he repainted the whole side.. I wonder what else was repainted Carfax was completely clean.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard