Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Is there a how to on how to make custom woofer boxes on the sides of the Mystique trunk so that I don't lose the ability to use my 60/40 split folding seats? Or do I not have enough room?

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Yes.... But it depends on what kind up subs/ box you are going for.. You could go with like one 20 inch wide box, which would take up the wider part... or you could just take out the spare and fix up a fiberglass box.. im in the process but i have no use for it.. But you should be able to pretty easy..

97 V6 ATX 20,000 Miles alpine cda 9811 Alpine MRV-F357 hifonics brutus BX2000D 2 Kicker L7 15 I NEED GREY LEATHER DOOR PANELS!!!!!! Flip out monitor PS2 Spr-175a SPR-69LP SPR-57LS 60 Ft EDEAD
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
ya, watching Pimp my ride and Overhaulin a lot I have a basic idea of how to mount a system in the spare hole, but then I'd have to put plexiglass over it to still be able to use my trunk. But with safety and utility on my mind, I think just one sub on each side of the trunk and an amp on either side or maybe under the trunk lid. I'll also be at the Yard scouting for some matching rear 'behind the seat' speakers (if I can't hook them up they make good decoration.

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
click
This is what i am doing. I want to try to get the subs so they fit in the sides and i will still be able to use my trunk.

98.5 Black SVT with 34k miles Build #5683 Born on 4\15\1998 WR Headers GMK CAI Blaupunkt system fiberglass tweeter pods L.E.D. tail lights in the works
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
wouldn't be as easy as taking a mold of each side (the bottoms of the box) and bringing the top of the box forward as needed?

I was thinking of using wood than carpeting it. I don't know how to mold the sides though. The front or top of the box would be simplest as it would most likely be flat, and all I have to do is cut a hole and wire. Maybe instead of 12 inch subs go with smaller ?

C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
IIRC a loaded Kicker Solobaric L5 enclosure fits perfectly in the 60/40 setup. I just installed one in a Galant and I think the size is perfect. I'm actually thinking about switching to this setup.

2000 SVT Black/Tan #1633/2150 (a few mods) Alpine: CDA-9835, MRV-F540, MRD-M550 PG: TANTRUM-X 6.5 COMP all around. Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas. CEL currently: Off
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Heres an idea. Just a small box for the speaker and a false face. Also probably much cheaper than fiberglass.

1999 Mercury Mystique LS w/ SVT body kit http://www.cardomain.com/ride/320761 Mmmm! Goddamn, Jimmie! This is some serious gourmet shit!
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Looks good hopefully mine turns out just as nice.
Is your amp mounted upside down?

98.5 Black SVT with 34k miles Build #5683 Born on 4\15\1998 WR Headers GMK CAI Blaupunkt system fiberglass tweeter pods L.E.D. tail lights in the works
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by BlackE1:

Is your amp mounted upside down?

Whats everyones deal with the amp being mounted upside down. 3 years being upside down. Not a single problem. And the amp is at least 5 years old. So pretty much if you think something is going to happen with it being upside down. Smoke a little for me.

1999 Mercury Mystique LS w/ SVT body kit http://www.cardomain.com/ride/320761 Mmmm! Goddamn, Jimmie! This is some serious gourmet shit!
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by SVTique:

Whats everyones deal with the amp being mounted upside down.

Well, because heat rises and your heat sink and vents are on the top of the amp. That�s great that your amp has not melted itself. Maybe your amp doesn't get very hot??

Originally posted by SVTique:
Smoke a little for me.

Can't had surgery on both lungs sorry.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard