Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
She is being treated because I saw all the medication in the kitchen when I was last there. The evil one has her in his grips.

R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
It takes some time to sort out the medication and find what works. It took me 3 months and 5 different meds before we hit on the right one. It's a chemical imbalance in the brain. Once they get that leveled off then they can start working on what got her to this point.
I'm sure shes very scared. Facing demons you've locked away for so long always is. Be there for her and talk to her doctor... a lot!

I wrestled with mine for 5 years before I sought help. After a year of medication and therapy I no long need either. I don't know if that kind of recovery is typical but hopefully it helps.

As for the divorce, I'm pretty sure they won't grant one to a petitioner(the person who files for the divorce) that's actively being treated for a mental illness. Maybe talk to a lawyer. Lots of divorce lawyers will give you a half hour freebie. Go with questions in hand and pick their brain.

Good luck. Hope this helps!

99 Contour Sport SE MTX KKM filter, B&M shifter No res, BAT kit Green car silver hood (because silver is faster)
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
You are essentially having her declared mentally incompetent if you are denying her a divorce because she is being treated for a mental illness. I would be shocked if divorces were not allowed without such a determination of incompetence, as people can be under treatment for many years.

I would advise you think a great deal before using such a tactic.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
J
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Some relationships should change and some relationships should end. Trust me, it happens to us all. I know this from very recent personal experience.

Tell her you love her, have no animosity, and want to stay friends for life. And then let her go! Let her have her own life! If you love her, help her realize her independence as much as you can, both emotionally and financially.

Only a foolish man attempts to bind someone to them using guilt and legal BS. If you go through with your plans, this woman will never trust you again.

If you ever want this woman to willingly come back in your life ΓΆβ?¬β?? let go completely!

For all you know, you are the cause of her mental anguish.

99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 20K miles, "Nice Twin" (factory stock). 99 Tropic Green SVT, Tan Leather, 28K miles, "Evil Twin" (Turbo AER 3L and more in progress) 96 Red LX, Opal Grey Leather 2.5L, ATX, 22K miles
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by JEDsContour:

For all you know, you are the cause of her mental anguish.

Let's hope that isn't the case.

Good luck, I hope everything ends up working out in the end.

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest... Maverick Machineworks is open for business!! Tell me what you need and I can make it!
M
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by 2X95SEs:
The evil one has her in his grips.

the evil one? give me a break.

i wish you well, but your wife likely needs help that you, nor religion, can provide. very serious mental trauma like you have described isn't easily overcome by anyone, and the sooner she gets on the road to recovery (via counseling and/or meds) the better off she will be.

i suggest that if you truly love her, be selfless and let her get better.

otherwise, you're likely only adding to her already enormous burden.

02 Mustang GT... Tuned by Nelsons. Low 12's, anyone? .....______ ___|______\_____ |/-\_________/-\_| .\_/...............\_/
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Save your energy, you've wasted enough of it.. Nobody, and i mean NOBODY but the person suffering can solve the problems but themselves, if she is unwilling to do what it takes, let her go. Remain friends, tell her you will be there for her, however YOU need to move on with your life..

1999 Mystique Sport 2nd owner bought it in Sept 03
120000km 4 door, leather, loaded pics on cardomain, coatsy
S
Captain Impound Boy
Captain Impound Boy
S
Does she have a sister????

Is she hot?

[censored] her instead!

I
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by Decepticon:

Is she hot?

[censored] her instead!

. . . .

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Decepticon:

Is she hot?

[censored] her instead!

I know that was a joke but jesus christ dude! I dont think this is a laughing matter!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard