Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
I saw a intake single probe autolite guage for sale in summit for 200 bucks. I do have EGT for the dyno but would the intake temp guage let m know when the boost is at it's top. I do live in hot humid climate and was wondering if this guage would benefit me on saving my motor from hot conditions where I can see the boost is too high.

I am running a inefficient intercooler for my setup till the bigger one is built hopefully soon.

So would anyone suggest this piece for my setup. In the past I had a fuse come loose on my water pump for my intercooler. I never noticed and I ran the car hard too. I am sure this would have caught that. Another words and EGT tells you more combusion temps but would this guage gives you a ealier warning on saving damage to heat.

99 SVT #198 blk/blue Spec 3/quaife/stage 2 shafts T3/T4 fully built 3.0 ported heads water injec./intercooled 13.2 @ 107 mph clifford alarm and turbo timer koni struts H&R springs intercooler for sale
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
It is very usefull. If you SEARCH back you'll see that I put the Autometer Intake air temp, double probe setup in my car and consistently found it my most usefull gauge.

I mounted one probe before and one probe after the intercooler core so that I could see the temp difference. Leave it defaulted to the probe after the intercooler and monitor temps with it.
In my intercooler system I never saw temps rise above 110F even under boost during spring/summer here in Alabama.
Under boost before the intercooler you will see temps rising upwards of 180F at only 7psi. After a while you get to know where it should be under different conditions and then you know when something is wrong or when its so damned hot that you may want to be cautious.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
well i did some research and found the perfect setup to order. http://www.lindseyracing.com/tempg.htm

i plan on mounting this panel above the useless cupholders on the center console. I have no more available spot for a 2 1/4 hole pod mount because my pillars are full and my EGT is in the change hole mounted.

Thanks for the info Warmonger

99 SVT #198 blk/blue Spec 3/quaife/stage 2 shafts T3/T4 fully built 3.0 ported heads water injec./intercooled 13.2 @ 107 mph clifford alarm and turbo timer koni struts H&R springs intercooler for sale
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
No prob. Glad I can help. That gauge has everything you need but I think the autometer looks much better because you can get it in the Phantom White analog gauge that more closely matches the SVT gauges. Can't do differential temp but you can just by pushing the button and some simple math.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black

Link Copied to Clipboard