Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by 99SVT:
I've done this once before. It took me a month from start to finish. lol

But I know what I'm doing now. If it is really the trans and you really need it out asap I might be willing to help tomorrow night.

P.S. I pulled mine out the top with the motor, I've never pulled it out the bottom, I don't know what way you were planning on going.

Having pulled too many motors to remember, do the trans swap out the side. It really does take less time.

I get one day off a week...so ya.

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
V
vpogv Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
V
I have a hard time thinking it's the axles or carrier bearing since they can be spinning and the clutch pressed in and there is no noise. I have everything mostly unbolted so I just need to drop the subframe. Hopefully by lunch it'll be out. Thanks for all the advice, especially Judge - your advice allowed them to break loose, I just needed a bigger hammer.

If anybody still wants to stop by and admirer I have cold beer. Think of it as a mini-CEG meet.

99 Contour SVT needs a little lovin'
V
vpogv Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
V
So I was waaaay off, I am an extremely slow worker as it turns out, everything was dropped and good until I tried to get the 2-3 transmission bolts loose in the front of the car. I am tempted to just pull it all from the top, I think that would be easier at this point.

I do have an offer for anybody semi-close with a down car. I will trade you my transmission, completely rebuilt with a diff of your choice for your transmission. Unfortunately I need it like now, which might be impossible but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
If you lived closer to me I would take you up on that offer.

Aaron

AKA NVS SVT 98.5 Silver/Blue SVT#4553 Yeah it's modded 98 T-Red/Blue SVT Contour Totaled 06/05/06 03 3L,VCN 2000,CAT Cams,MSDS Headers w/Y-Pipe,XCal2 and lots more
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by vpogv:
So I was waaaay off, I am an extremely slow worker as it turns out, everything was dropped and good until I tried to get the 2-3 transmission bolts loose in the front of the car. I am tempted to just pull it all from the top, I think that would be easier at this point.

I do have an offer for anybody semi-close with a down car. I will trade you my transmission, completely rebuilt with a diff of your choice for your transmission. Unfortunately I need it like now, which might be impossible but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Too bad this didn't happen like two weeks ago I had a stock rebuilt HMS trans just sitting in my garage. But I already sold it.

I live in Detroit, I couldn't give a **** how good my car is in the "twisties." "I could use a hundred people who don't know there is such a word as impossible." ~Henry Ford
V
vpogv Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
V
Originally posted by 99SVT:
Too bad this didn't happen like two weeks ago I had a stock rebuilt HMS trans just sitting in my garage. But I already sold it.

It's alright, a buddy has a trans but couldn't get it out in time.

Anyways, after resting part of last night I went at it tonight around 6 or so. At 10 tonight it came out. It took an hour to cut off one of the trans bolts, caused strain to every single coolant line and ripped a wire out of a sensor, but it came out.

TOB is fine, definitely the diff that is the issue. I'll have the trans shop take it apart tomorrow to check it all out.

V
vpogv Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
V
Differential was completely shreded, drivers side axle hub was more or less welded to the diff. Cheaper to get a new transmission than to get this one rebuilt. So to reiterate... if anybody has one sitting around ..

A
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by vpogv:
Differential was completely shreded, drivers side axle hub was more or less welded to the diff. Cheaper to get a new transmission than to get this one rebuilt. So to reiterate... if anybody has one sitting around ..

CTA motorsports has brand spankin' new MTX75's for only $900 Id jump on that.

98 Corolla LE 1.8L DOHC 1ZZFE TEIN H.Tech Springs Tokico HP series Struts Short ram air intake Tsudo Axel Back Exhaust ... if a jelly fish stung me.. would you pee on the wound?
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  WorldTour_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard