Print Thread
Page 12 of 18 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 17 18
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by The Digital Slacker:
we've done this before and everyone that had reservations about it had fun.

Anyways, show up if you want.

I thought it would be boring also. But, it's so much fun and I don't even play!

Glenn, it will be interesting. Trust me, you'll want to play again.

Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Originally posted by Pen_Two:
I've never played Disc Golf...this should be interesting.

ditto...everyone might want to wear helmets if I play.

And for TGO, it sucks on the net because 70% of the time you can't gauge the attitude of the person just from their words. I'm glad we sorted that mess out though. You guys (& luca ) were making me nervous.

1998 SE Duratec V6 ATX Ebay intake with K&N Filter Trubendz Exhaust Custom Hood
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by The Digital Slacker:
Rofl,
Its not even a sport that I personally am good at. Its okay as a sport, but its kinda idiotic for you to be so hard up against playing it when we've done this before and everyone that had reservations about it had fun.

Anyways, show up if you want.

sport, game, whatever you wanna call it man.

i guess since it's golf it doesn't actually involve any running around, but still I'm telling you i'll be bored with it.

Again, it's not an attack against you or the activity...it is simply that in general I do not participate in these sorts of things. I simply don't enjoy it. I don't want to be bored, and I don't want to bring anyone else down with me. I don't wanna be the fifth wheel. I don't see how that's idiotic.

In past meets i've been to, we hang out, eat, drink, tweak and talk cars. I've helped people install all kinds of stuff on their cars at our local meets. Once I went with some neco peeps to a place with a sick indoor go cart course. We bowled too, but that was meh. Still, the basic principles of a car meet came into play. Atleast the ones i enjoy. Even when i would go to Long Island every week - we'd meet up at a decent sized local car show, shoot the breeze, grab a bite...play some games in the arcade etc. If disc golf is going to be the main activity for the day, i'm sorry it just doesn't do it for me.

I will still consider, but i guess for now i am going to say no.

But whatever, i really need to go to bed now.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
LOL! Don't be nervous Scott. No need for helmets, Doug and I know how to duck. Remember French Creek Doug?

The basic principles of a car meet do come into play. We spend quite a bit of time looking at the cars, helping people solve their issues, talking about the cars and even while we are cooking we are still talking about/looking at the cars.

Disc golf isn't the main activity, the cars are. We just happen to like to throw in a game while we are there. Plus, we like getting together and just shooting the [censored].

If you think you'll be bored, we understand.

P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by LUCA:
We spend quite a bit of time looking at the cars, helping people solve their issues, talking about the cars and even while we are cooking we are still talking about/looking at the cars.

[censored]! I knew there was a catch!

I call my E0 Claire. 24 hour what? I'm looking to buy a like-new condition SVT grill, and a shift knob that works with the reverse lever PM me with the details.
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Originally posted by Pen_Two:

[censored]! I knew there was a catch!

LOL! There is always a catch.

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
TGO - no hard feelings from me at all ... don't worry . I only wanted to clarify .

I just noticed that it hasn't been mentioned to the "newbies" to the frisbee golf meets yet - if you haven't done it yet ... BUY A FRISBEE ! It doen't have to be a special disc-golf approved frisbee to have a good time . Just go down to your local K-mart & buy a good , cheap frisbee - it'll be good enough . I may have a couple loaners with me , but my supply of loaners is dwindling .

~~~~~~~ Phil Black & Tan 2000 SVT Contour #2137 of 2150 35,000 miles & counting !
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Just in case we lose the CEG forums due to the v-bulletin changeover , I added info about the meet to my PA-CEG website . Ya might wanna bookmark it to your computer , just to be sure .

~~~~~~~ Phil Black & Tan 2000 SVT Contour #2137 of 2150 35,000 miles & counting !
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
lol thanks for the heads up on the byof!

1998 SE Duratec V6 ATX Ebay intake with K&N Filter Trubendz Exhaust Custom Hood
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Sorry I missed all the hoopla about the meet...maybe the homemade desert we bring should be brownies with some special green ingredients

Originally posted by LUCA:
Yep. You can be Phil too if you'd like.

Page 12 of 18 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard