Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 18 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 17 18
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
oh yeah i forgot you guys are bent on doing this disc golf stuff.

what ever happened to an old fashioned bbq??

or can't we play then go somewhere and cook/eat??

i mean if you can't drink in the park, that's a recipe for disaster right there.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
okay kids! Here the deal.

Right now I'm waiting on end links and struts.

I work right up until monday. This Saturday I only work till noon but I'm up at 430. So hopefully I can rebound and get work done.

I do not want my maiden voyage to be out on this trip to disc golf. My place finding ability usually ends with me turning around at Jersey and find my way back from the border.

So I'd rather not go out without an alignment and an untested car. So given that the struts and end links get here on time, and I can get into a shop and get an alignment. I will be there on saturday. No guarantee.

1998 SE Duratec V6 ATX Ebay intake with K&N Filter Trubendz Exhaust Custom Hood
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
guy's i'm being serious. i'm willing to sit through the disc golf, but i gotta say i'm really not interested in it...but work with me here. If i can't kick back, crack open a few beers and shoot the shiz i'm really reconsidering coming out there.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
You cannot have alcoholic beverages in state parks in PA . It's pretty cut & dry . It's not really about having a party anyways , it's about the friendship ... the people (and their cars , of course ) . Our local meets usually go off without a hitch , and are pretty fun - all without alcohol . Unless you feel the only way to put up with us is to have a good buzz goin' ??
The rest of us ---->
Disc golf is a blast , even if you suck at throwin' a frisbee ... like ME !

Seriously , if you can make it , that'd be great . We'd love to have ya there . If not , we won't hold it against you ... maybe you can make the NEXT one .

~~~~~~~ Phil Black & Tan 2000 SVT Contour #2137 of 2150 35,000 miles & counting !
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Well TGO... don't come then?

I sat here and watched you badmouth the disc golf and all I gotta say is if you don't want to come and all you want to do is drink, stay home. You must have missed the other half dozen meets we had playing disc golf and had a blast. Its ALWAYS a good time, regardless of how we play... or if there are booze. There may be some drinking afterwards, but remember we all have to drive home.

Sorry, but thats my 2+ cents.

If I am not at the beach, I will be there.

L
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Chris, we do have a good time. We would like it if you came but as was posted before, there is no alcohol allowed in the park.

I posted earlier in this thread about having a cookout or going to a restaurant and nothing was said. A cookout, as we normally do, was the direction I chose to take. It's worked well before and I assumed since no one spoke up that they would like to continue the tradition.

Again, we'd love for you to come but if you choose not too, we'll understand.

Doug, hope you still have the flashing frisbee. Now, that was a fun time, being in the bushes for a half hour trying to find your frisbee.

T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by The Digital Slacker:
Well TGO... don't come then?

I sat here and watched you badmouth the disc golf and all I gotta say is if you don't want to come and all you want to do is drink, stay home. You must have missed the other half dozen meets we had playing disc golf and had a blast. Its ALWAYS a good time, regardless of how we play... or if there are booze. There may be some drinking afterwards, but remember we all have to drive home.

Sorry, but thats my 2+ cents.

If I am not at the beach, I will be there.

I am not badmouthing anything or anyone. Relax.

Yes i did miss the other half of your meets.

I do not wish to only drink. It was my understanding we would meet up for a game of disc golf, and then go somewhere and have a BBQ of sorts.

I simply said i would sit through the disc golf...there's no reason for you guys not to do it because of one person.

I'm sorry if i offended you in some way, but i don't see why you would take my not being enthusiastic about a sport you enjoy, personally.

And to be prefectly honest i am nursing a nagging back injury. I don't need to be crippled the day after the meet.

I guess if you guys decide sometime to chill, chat, wrench on the cars some (no tranny swaps though!), cook and have some brews...then let me know. In the meantime, i'm sorry i wasted anyones time.

Originally posted by Buddy Palumbo:
It's not really about having a party anyways , it's about the friendship ... the people (and their cars , of course ) . Our local meets usually go off without a hitch , and are pretty fun - all without alcohol . Unless you feel the only way to put up with us is to have a good buzz goin' ??
The rest of us ---->

I see i'm being misunderstood here, so i'm not going to continue further and start an argument.

L
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
I will take the blame for your misunderstanding. True, you haven't been to any of our meets so you wouldn't have known that we cook at the park.

You did not offend me at all.

Honestly, I don't play disc golf because I had four shoulder surgeries but I still have a blast. So, if you choose not to play you wouldn't be alone.

My husband blasted Allen's disc into a tree and it broke into pieces, Doug lost his frisbee in some bushes, it took a while to find it. The whole time we were looking for the frisbee we were laughing our [censored] off, one fell into a puddle of mud (she thought it was funny), etc. I have a great time just walking though the woods and watching (that didn't sound right ). Maybe it doesn't seem funny to you reading what I wrote but let me tell you...it's funny as [censored]

You didn't waste anyone's time. We do want you to come, but it's up to you.

T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Rofl,
Its not even a sport that I personally am good at. Its okay as a sport, but its kinda idiotic for you to be so hard up against playing it when we've done this before and everyone that had reservations about it had fun.

Anyways, show up if you want.

P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
I've never played Disc Golf...this should be interesting.

I call my E0 Claire. 24 hour what? I'm looking to buy a like-new condition SVT grill, and a shift knob that works with the reverse lever PM me with the details.
Page 11 of 18 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard