Next Thread
Print Thread
#1614244 07/21/06 05:42 AM
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
This sounds REALLY stupud but I just want to make sure...I've read up on removing hood liner and I want to do it asap...just no one has ever mentioned how, or what it looks like. When I hear hood liner I think of rubber insulation or something, what does the hood liner look like and how do I remove it.

P.S. I tried searching 'remove hoodliner' 'hoodliner', etc. on all the forums without answering this newbie question. Can you guys chime in quickly so I can get my hands on it now ... TIA (please don't flame )

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
L
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
L
I believe you should be able to pop off the black caps, and just rip the whole thing off. Thats what I was going to do next week when I had the chance, it can't really be that hard.

98.5 Silver Contour SVT 4931/6535 - March 8th, 1998. *Knaubernized *Brows *Clear Corners *5% Tints *Lil bump in the trunk ^.^ CarDomain Page *Updated August 6th*
C
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
C
pull the tabs out then rip out the liner...exactly what i did...not that hard

98 CSVT t-red 1737# cf1 Cowl hood Centerline Storms CEG Dragon Run- Oct 13-15 WTB- Vortech S/C kit/ADC Turbo Kit
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by m4gician:
This sounds REALLY stupud but I just want to make sure...I've read up on removing hood liner and I want to do it asap...just no one has ever mentioned how, or what it looks like. When I hear hood liner I think of rubber insulation or something, what does the hood liner look like and how do I remove it.

P.S. I tried searching 'remove hoodliner' 'hoodliner', etc. on all the forums without answering this newbie question. Can you guys chime in quickly so I can get my hands on it now ... TIA (please don't flame )

The hoodliner in attatched to the bottom of the hood in the engine bay. Along the edges (and some in the middle as well) are some round black plastic pieces that pop out, remove about a dozen or less of those and it will come off.

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
N
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by m4gician:
what does the hood liner look like

It looks like crap. But a picture gives a better description.

R
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
R
fiber-looking black liner. held in by multiple (8? 12?) black caps.

pop them out, hard, and pull it off... could be no simpler.

'99 CSVT - Silver #222/276 In a constant state of blow-off euphoria.
Originally posted by Kremitthefrog:
I like to wear dresses and use binoculars to watch grandmas across the street.

M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Thanks for the picture, that's all I needed. LOL funny story though, I don't have the Hoodliner! I think when we just got the car, to fix the moosing problem our mechanic removed the hoodliner as a test. LOL I'm so sorry to start a thread for nothing, but the hoodliner is gone now . BTW thanks for the help guys. YOu guys are great!

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
N
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
N
Its weird my 99 mystique never had one, yet my 2000 svt does.

Youd think they would put the hoodliner on the merc to make it quieter.

Last edited by Nezerconezer; 07/21/06 01:51 PM.
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Quote:

"Youd think they would put the hoodliner on the merc to make it quieter."

ya but I guess they had problems finding mercury a market. I still don't Mercury as a company belongs because of the small changes from a baseline Ford to a Mercury are none if any and small cosmetic that's it. THan there's the jump to lincoln which I guess makes a little more sense but the powerplants have to change if anything. To make ford successful in Directly dual branding (ford has ownership stake in a lot of companies) they should actually differentiate the cars that Ford and Lincoln sell with some simlarities. I mean look how the Japanese do it. The TSX vs The Accord, the Camry vs. the ES350, the G35 sedan vs. the Maxima. Even the Jetta vs. the Audi A4, very differentiated and they've established themselves... I'm sorry for getting off topic but anyways, thanks for the help with the hoodliner, would it be a safe bet to do this on ALL cars, not just the CSVT/Mystique?

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard