Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
My problem here is, and I want your guys opinion on it is, I looked to see if I could remove the Y-pipe safely from the car. There are two obstacles in the way, first the car is above another car, secondly the yard forbids using jacks to lift cars up. What do I do to get the exhaust from that car? And will the exhaust most likely be damaged because it's stacked pretty much flush with another car below it, and knowing the yards they probably just dropped it hard on top? What do you think? Cut a hole in the car belows roof and go from there? Or scrap the idea because it's probably got leaks or cracks in it? I mean I wish I had taken a picture, but for those 'yard dogs' out there, I want to ask what would you guys do?

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
If it looks damaged, it is damaged, is the way I see it. I installed my exhaust without jacking up the car- so if you're a skinny guy like I am then that should be your plan.

M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
I wouldn't say I'm skinny necessarily but I'm not Napolean Dynamite either. But ya, sure I'll keep a look out for one. Does anyone have a picture of where on the exhaust I shoud start removing and what tools I would need?

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
You unbolt it from the rear of the cat and then take it loose from the hangers. No tools are needed to remove it from the hangers unless you need to cut the rubber "donut". I don't remember the bolt size for the cat flange.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
really it's that easy? I mean so installation of it would be that easy as well? Well I mean I'd have to fabricate my own hook (pfft>.) but reallly is that all it is? Man if I had know n it was anything like that easy I would've done it yesterday when I was out to change the ATF.

T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
If the exhaust is in good shape from the rear split to the tips, then just cut that part off & have it welded to your current exhaust. The resonator is the same on the regular vs SVT exhaust systems, IIRC...

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
oh speaking of resonator, i'm going to order the magnaflow one (4in round) so I mean there's that, and if I do pull this exhaust than I'm going to have to optimize the Y-pipe, put in the RU-3530, and build a heatshield for it, so this would actually be the catalyst to start all those upgrades . Anyways, i'll just unbolt it to be safe, I think they offer a refund policy at the yard so I'll go take a look see.

A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Sometimes big channel-lock pliers help to squeeze the hangers out of the rubber things if you cant get your body into a good postion.

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
is there anything left on the SVT?

Grab the UIM and LIM, throttle body, sideskirts, bumpers, seats, trim pieces etc.

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
ill grab the skirts and sneak small parts in my bag D: i don't want them making 100% profit on stuff they shouldn't be charging for.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard