Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
M
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
M
Both Fisher and NAPA have 185 degree thermostats. You may also slice a short wire to the small black wire with white tracer at the AC presure sensor and connect it to a body ground screw just 5 inches away. This tells the ECU that the AC is on, so it runs the fan at full speed all the time. It's not a distructive mod in any way. Owners in hot climates use their AC all the time too. If you want to return it to normal operation, just lift the ground wire you added. I've done a 95 and a 96 this way and the temp gauge reads right in the middle now where it was between A and L before.

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Welcome moderndino . First post in one year. And an excellent first post I might say. If you could post a picture, that would help even more. Thanks for posting.

"Always do the cheap and easy ones first." 1996 V6 ATX 96K miles
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Thanks for the tip. I was thinking about trying to hook into the fan realay but splicing into that one wire is MUCH easier.

BP

Ben ---'96 Contour GL * Zetec ATX * Tan on Black steelies--- +++JRSC M62 Under Construction+++ My big-a$$ mod list.
V
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
V
Quote:

You may also slice a short wire to the small black wire with white tracer at the AC presure sensor and connect it to a body ground screw just 5 inches away

pics would be helpful, whats a tracer wire, i would love todo this since i hate seeing my temp all the way to the right, i just seem to stare at it all the time to see if it will goto the red line

canadian, 98 mystique LS sport 2.5L atx 98 contour se 2.0 L atx 00 300m
M
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
M
I'm brand new to posting, so adding a picture might be a bit much for me.

The dual pressure sensor is located on the front passenger side on the AC tube. It's right above the windshield washer filler. It's got a four pin connector. It has two fat wires, and two skinny wires. The two skinny wires are black. The solid black skinny wire is a ground. The black with white tracer (white line on insulation) is the lead that you would splice. There are easy splice devises at the auto parts store. Just use pliers to squeeze close over the wire once you've coaxed the wrapping tape of the harness back a bit. It's easier to manage with the connector removed from the sensor. The AC doesn't directly tell the fan to run. It's the fact that the compressor presurizes the line when it's on that closes the dual pressure switch (sensor). The computer then provides one of the several possible reasons to pull the fan relay in. There are two relays. The low speed has a resistor. The high speed relay applies battery right to the fan. It's not practicle to monkey with the high current side of the fan circuit. Instead, this mod uses the low current control signal approach to develop the "fan on" condition. The thermostat swap is sloppy, kills the grass, is tight for the hands to get down in there, but makes such an improvement. Size and get hose clamps ahead of time so you don't have to re-use the squeeze type originals. Get the rubber dounut gasket with the thermostat.

K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
I'll have to give this a try. If you can take pics but don't know how to post it heres how:

Go to photobucket.com, make an account(its free), upload your pics to your account (may take awhile if pic(s) are more than a MB is size), then make a post here and look below the post box to the "Instant UBB Code" are and click "Image", this will bring up a window and from there copy and paste your pics url from PB and press ok. It would look something like this:

[image]Image URL here[/image]

Edit: Heres a sticky from "Pics and Videos" sticky

Last edited by KerryKool; 07/21/06 09:52 PM.

My ride(Cardomain link) : '95 Contour 16V Zetec DOHC, Teal , ATX Born on Sep. 4, 1995 86+ miles *LEDs mods are on their way!*
M
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
M
I tried, to heck with this much trouble. If you send e-mail, I'll send the large size pix. If you then up-load and post for the members that can use the info, great.

Gar

showpeople@aol.com

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by moderndino:
...kills the grass...

Ben ---'96 Contour GL * Zetec ATX * Tan on Black steelies--- +++JRSC M62 Under Construction+++ My big-a$$ mod list.
T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T

Last edited by Tony2005; 07/22/06 09:36 PM.

T
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by moderndino:
... If you want to return it to normal operation, just lift the ground wire you added. ..

This new ground wire is yellow in moderndino's handywork. You might be able to just install a switch that you can just flip on in the summer or off in the winter rather than having to undo the ground connection. That would eliminate having a loose wire hanging around.

Okay, moderndino can describe what each image is.

Last edited by Tony2005; 07/23/06 01:54 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lance Kinley_dup1, Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard