Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
My complaints were:
1) that the shaft is too long (so the top doesn't correctly seal)
2) the rubber is too soft so it squishes up and is very difficult to snap them on to the plugs.

morbid 2000 Contour SVT (black)
J
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by morbid:
My complaints were:
2) the rubber is too soft so it squishes up and is very difficult to snap them on to the plugs.

Interesting, Steve @ Magnacore claims that the boots are the exact same as the original Ford boots. From the same manufacturer and all. Anyone have a set of each to compare?

Jim T

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats".--H.L. Mencken Bumper sticker, OXYMORON #65 - Liberal Thinker
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
My complaints were:

Exactly the same complaints here. Searching back some posts will find the thread discussing this when I had my misfires.

Misfires started happening for me 1 month after installing, because of the boots not sitting flush on the valve covers. I replaced my plugs with Denso Iridiums, properly gapped, cleaned inside of boots thoroughly, and added dielectric grease. No misfires since. (knock on wood)

But with the poor fitment, I am worried it will happen again. I didn't have time to contact Magnecor about the fitment, so I just left it, but if a replacement is possible, that would be awesome.

Tony 1998 SVT Contour (B/MB) #542 3L 1998 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1266 parts car 2000 SVT Contour (SF/MB) #1533 3L swap to begin!
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
mine fit prefectly.

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

J
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Tourige:
mine fit prefectly.

Thats the point, some do some dont. Tourige, can you measure the depth of your spark plug hole to the top of the raised edge?

Jim T

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats".--H.L. Mencken Bumper sticker, OXYMORON #65 - Liberal Thinker
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
With a wire in one hand and a plug in the other, it was much more difficult to get them to snap on than the factory wires... or even the bosch wires I ended up getting. The connector in the magnacor would squish up into the rubber, requiring persistence and wobbling the wire top to get them to snap on... while holding both in my hands.

morbid 2000 Contour SVT (black)
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
My complaints were:

thought this was natural... shows how much I know. I was getting a misfire in cyn 1, but when i swapped the wire out and reset it it went away. all other wires seem to be the right length.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard