Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1613882 07/20/06 07:37 PM
J
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
As it says I have sent my wires back to Steve at Magnacore to try and figure out why the boots seem 5mm too long. He claims to never seen this before. Why, if I'm running the same plugs as everyone are my boots too tall? When we get heavy rains (every day in FL) I get misfires. I checked the height of Ford plugs, Autolites, and even Champions and they were all the same height. I'm at a loss and so is Magnacore.

Jim T.

And yes they are seated all the way.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats".--H.L. Mencken Bumper sticker, OXYMORON #65 - Liberal Thinker
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Yep. Search and you'll see they fit like crap. Such a shame for such a nice wire.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
J
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
Well, after conversing with Steve at Magnacore a few times this week (he still claims I'm the first to have this problem) he is going to install new boots on my wires with the ferrule set 5mm deeper into the boot. This should solve my wet weather misfire/stumbling problem but at a $25.00 cost to me and a week with the wires back at Magnacore. I'm not pissed, but I'm not happy either.

Jim T

I'm going to regap my plugs as they only have 8 thousand on them, what are most of you running for gaps? recommended? less? more?

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats".--H.L. Mencken Bumper sticker, OXYMORON #65 - Liberal Thinker
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by jthursby:

I'm going to regap my plugs as they only have 8 thousand on them, what are most of you running for gaps? recommended? less? more?

.054 Same as factory spec.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
J
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by todras:

.054 Same as factory spec.

Smartass, I only asked if somebody found a BETTER range than that.

Jim T.

T
I have no life
I have no life
T

Smartass, I only asked if somebody found a BETTER range than that.

Jim T.

Better than a dumbass. Are you running boost? If not than factory spec. Nothing better than how Ford engineered the engine.

K
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
K
Sounds to me like you asked what everyone was running, and he told you what he was running. Factory is recommended. 99% of people here are also running factory spec, unless they are FI.

Dont ask if you dont want answers.

#4559 of 6535 born on Feb 17, 1998 Black 1998.5 CSVT FOR SALE [cleaning house]: SVT rear swaybar. Reasonable offer and its yours!
J
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
I asked a simple question that I did not believe required his sarcasm. end of story.
Had it been a face-to-face situation I'm sure he would not have rolled his eyes at me for asking.

Jim T.

M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
They've never heard of this problem before?? Are they willing to update their wires?

morbid 2000 Contour SVT (black)
J
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
J
Steve @ Magnacore did say he would like to know if this is more widespread problem so that he could have an alternate set for guys that do have this problem. I really don't know how to clarify who has it and how to tell the differnce.

Jim T.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard