Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Once again, I was poking around the Modeo board and I came across this how-to.

Cougar Lights Modification - Mk2 Mondeo Only

I searched, but couldn't find where anyone has attempted this on our side of the "pond." I was tempted to give it a shot, but the damn salvage yard wants $150 for a pair (I'm assuming he meant pair and not each) of Cougar lights. Right now that's a tad steep for me.

Do we know of anyone that has tried this, and if they did what their results were?

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
At least their is a how-to for it. If you really want to try something different, go for it. I don't think anyone here has done it, but I could be wrong.

My ride(Cardomain link) : '95 Contour 16V Zetec DOHC, Teal , ATX Born on Sep. 4, 1995 86+ miles *LEDs mods are on their way!*
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Ya, i dont think anyone has done it.

When i did my projector retrofit, i though about it, but all the scrap yards near me wanted too much money for them, even for the ones in poor condition.

One thing i would do if you're really considering it is see if you can find a local cougar and take a look at the beam pattern at night and see if it's worth it.

I ended up going with the Hella 90mm based on recommendations of other...and i was happy with the choice. H9 bulb has one of the highest outputs of any halogen bulb...and at www.rallylights.com it's like $55 for sealed projector + bulb + mounting hardware.

If you're gonna dish out the cash you may want to slowly piece together an OEM HID system...just another option.

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
N
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
N
I've got extra sets of Cougar 99 and 2002 headlights just sitting in my garage... I might just have to check out that how-to and go for it on my CSVT's..

Crispy 99 Cougar - Arancio Atlas/Grey Graphite Pearl Custom Widebody 98 CSVT - Silver Frost #4014/6535 - Born 10/21/97 98 CSVT - Silver Frost #4085/6535 - Born 11/10/97 See My Rides
I
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by NVMYSVT:
I've got extra sets of Cougar 99 and 2002 headlights just sitting in my garage... I might just have to check out that how-to and go for it on my CSVT's..

Awwww crap. I should have asked if anyone had a set they'd be willing to sell before I posted that link.

Amarv - I'm assuming that price is per assembly, and not for a pair. I thought this might be a more inexpensive way to get some projectors for the Contour, but it's not looking too good unless I can find a cheap deal on a set of the Cougars. I just can't justify the kind of money that Goonz spent on his, as sweet as they look. Plus, I dig the way it looks on that Mondy w/ all the lights as projectors.

I will have to see if anyone in this one-horse town has a Coug, and if I can find one see if I can talk them into letting me poke around their lights a bit.

***EDIT*** amarv, are these the ones you were talking about?

Last edited by The Spelling Nazi; 07/20/06 09:24 PM.

BrApple-its all in the way it is presented...but everythign on my resume is all me TexasRealtor-I hope you spelling improves on your resume. MxRacer-ladies and gentlemen, welcome to ironyville. population, texasrelator.
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by The Spelling Nazi:

***EDIT*** amarv, are these the ones you were talking about?

Ya, 90mm lowbeam H9 projector. There's a huge thread in aesthetics where Dion and some other guys posted pics of their installs, and a bunch of notes.

Originally posted by NVMYSVT:

I always wondered...how is the cougar beam compared to the contour/mystique?...i believe they use 9006 lamps, right?

Does it have a sharp cutoff and good pattern?

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=
G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
the cougar projectors according the projector forums have a weak output, you'd be better off saving money and getting eithe Bosch, Stanley or Valeo projectors..the 90mm are i guess ok..

it seems like after looking through the how-to that the work is the same as any other projector retrofitting, you'd be better off doing what I said above..

I
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Would the 120mm fit, or am I better off sticking with the 90mm?

***EDIT*** What projector forum(s) are you on?

Last edited by The Spelling Nazi; 07/21/06 03:35 AM.

G
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
G
why do people want the 90mm so much!? there are soo many other great projectors out there

Lighting Forum

search for "projector beam patterns" and the first result should tell u all..

I
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by ????¯?¬?¬?º:
Lighting Forum

THAT'S what I was hoping you'd post. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard