Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#1613398 07/20/06 12:32 AM
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
everyone complains that one of there tips sticks out further than the other. thats cuz they have to flip over there muffler. lol. mine was the same way. looked crooked, and one stuck out further. flipped muffler, voilla!

oh and as for how far the tips stick out.... make sure you have the pieces put all the way together, lol.

1998 CSVT NX stage 1 ford EFI kit MSD dis-4 B&M short throw K&N short ram intake Fsvt Euro 17's Trubendz 2.5" exhaust Spec stage 3 249.9 HP 258.2 TRQ clutch slipping the whole time
#1613399 07/20/06 01:42 AM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
That as well as hanging your car on *rubber hangers* (which flex and give way) Weld it. Problem solved.

#1613400 07/20/06 02:11 AM
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
I've looked before to try to find a picture of a correctly aligned muffler on the Trubendz kit. Can anybody post an under the body shot of the exhaust? Help a newbie out.

Black 1998.5 3L Oval Port Full HMS Transmission Lots of other stuff Ressurected 06/14/06
#1613401 07/20/06 02:15 AM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
You can align the muffler just fine, it's the flex pipe that gets bent to hell.

#1613402 07/20/06 03:02 AM
S
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
S
The fitment of my TruBendz was a 5/10 also.

I have bought other performance exhausts in the past and didn't encounter these issues.

The HKS on my Rx7 and my MR2 fit perfectly.

'98.5 SVT#5826 of 6535, Silver Frost-As fun to drive as my old MR2 and way more practical! Not as much fun to drive as my Turbo Rx7 was, but it starts every time!
#1613403 07/20/06 04:07 AM
C
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by TRicker:
everyone complains that one of there tips sticks out further than the other. thats cuz they have to flip over there muffler. lol. mine was the same way. looked crooked, and one stuck out further. flipped muffler, voilla!

oh and as for how far the tips stick out.... make sure you have the pieces put all the way together, lol.

Been there tried that, sure didnt work. They are DEFINATLY all the way together, we pounded them together with a friggen mallet....the fitments is without a doubt the [censored]

#1613404 07/20/06 04:14 AM
C
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
C
Originally posted by Pre98:
Take your fitment complaints elsewhere. Everyone's first impression is that an exhaust will slide together like bread and butter- but it doesn't. The reason it doesn't is to ensure you don't have to crush the smooth mandrel bends with your overtightened clamps because one pipe is that much smaller than the other

You won't have any leaks now, that's for sure.

SOME people want to help others make an informed decision, and NOT end up buying some poorly thought out exhaust....800 dollars for that BS grief while putting it together...sorry is to some of us thats BS...you waste your money how you wish though, seen as our complaints dont matter...

#1613405 07/20/06 04:22 AM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by converted_gm:
Take your fitment complaints elsewhere. Everyone's first impression is that an exhaust will slide together like bread and butter- but it doesn't. The reason it doesn't is to ensure you don't have to crush the smooth mandrel bends with your overtightened clamps because one pipe is that much smaller than the other

SOME people want to help others make an informed decision, and NOT end up buying some poorly thought out exhaust....800 dollars for that BS grief while putting it together...sorry is to some of us thats BS...you waste your money how you wish though, seen as our complaints dont matter...

The problem with your statement is this....

You are assuming that Trubendz exhaust kits are crap because of the fit. Thats a little misleading. YOUR kit didn't go together as well or as easy as you wanted it to. For every 1 person that is dis-satisfied with their purchase, 5 or even 10 are happy with it. To say that Trubendz exhaust systems are crap, is a pretty ignorant statement. Try saying YOUR system isn't to your liking because...

Besides, Trubendz is the cheapest exhaust kti your going to find for these cars. So in essence, you bought the cheapest available, and you get what you pay for. (even though MOST people are completely happy with it) After all, Trubendz is the best bang for the buck exhaust kit.

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
#1613406 07/20/06 04:37 AM
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Originally posted by posthuman63t:
Originally posted by converted_gm:

The problem with your statement is this....

You are assuming that Trubendz exhaust kits are crap because of the fit. Thats a little misleading. YOUR kit didn't go together as well or as easy as you wanted it to. For every 1 person that is dis-satisfied with their purchase, 5 or even 10 are happy with it. To say that Trubendz exhaust systems are crap, is a pretty ignorant statement. Try saying YOUR system isn't to your liking because...

Besides, Trubendz is the cheapest exhaust kti your going to find for these cars. So in essence, you bought the cheapest available, and you get what you pay for. (even though MOST people are completely happy with it) After all, Trubendz is the best bang for the buck exhaust kit.

ive read more about mis-fitment than ones that fit perfect.

I know it took me a good month or so before i was satisfied with the way the exhaust looks, and still the driver side is about 1/2" to far in.

99 TRed Contour SVT # 1853 out of 2760 230.2 WHP @ 6500 237.0 WTR @ 2250
Originally posted by MxRacer:
Originally posted by RawBurt:
I'll be keeping it to myself, until the time comes. It'll be hard to find.

much like your weiner.

#1613407 07/20/06 04:52 AM
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
So adjust it...lots of things you can do to fix a half inch.

And you know why you hear more about the bad ones...its because those with prefect kits have no need to make a post about it. So saying you read more bad than good is not a fair assumption. I get that you and the original poster had fitment issues, and that sucks. Nothing major where major modification has to be done to the kit, should have to be done. Little things like bending a hangar and adjusting how much pipe needs to be inserted into another for the perfect look, are pretty minor to me.

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard