Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1613202 07/19/06 02:04 PM
F
Smurfette
OP Offline
Smurfette
F
Please keep your eyes and ears open for available mechanical/assembly/design engineer positions, preferably in the MA/NH area.
Mike is on the hunt again, and I'm really hoping he's successful this time.
Too many jobs have come his way and he's been this || close, but obviously not close enough.
His workplace royally sucks, and he's wanted out for such a long time now.

Thanks all.

edit: forgot to add - if your company isn't hiring, but you know of a recruiting company that you could recommend, that would also be helpful.

Last edited by frenchblueC2; 07/19/06 02:10 PM.

Kim 1995 Contour GL Needs less "needs more"
#1613203 07/19/06 02:41 PM
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
like this?

SUMMARY/SCOPE OF POSTION
Under minimal supervision, evaluate new product design for manufacturability, select manufacturing processes and materials, design tools and equipment, and supply production engineering techniques, procedures and criteria to industrialize new electronic and electro-mechanical products.
- Develop the manufacturing plan for the new product considering such elements as the forecasted volume, manufacturing process, test plan, tooling and capital equipment, new parts and project schedule.
- Design, analyze and implement new manufacturing and assembly processes.
- Ensure that product assembly tools, equipment, and manufacturing documentation are completed, tested, approved and verified per requirements.
- Support Production in multiple facilities as needed.
- Run small projects with defined goals.
- Support pilot runs of new products to achieve the cost and quality targets for the product and issue pilot reports to team and management.
- Estimate the labor cost of final assembly of the new products consistent with the manufacturing plan.
- Identify cost avoidance opportunities and implement cost reduction solutions.
- Support the transfers of new product to the selected manufacturing facility.
- Operate with some latitude on team activity, actions and decisions but will be responsible to communicate the expected results or deviation from the MER cost, quality, and schedule objectives to the Engineering Manager and/or Team Leader.
- Ability to utilize appropriate judgments and discretion as they relate to responsibilities.
- Ability to plan and organize work to effectively perform assigned tasks in a timely manner.

B.S. in Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Two to four years experience in design or manufacturing engineering development of industrial electro-optical sensor products

this was sent to me by my recruiter.
unfortunately it is temp job with a one year contract, most likely.
i can go check the board here today to to see if there are any full time job openings.

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
#1613204 07/19/06 11:49 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
It's unfortunate you just bought a house and settled down. One of my mech-eng friends is doing an interesting see-the-world type program with a company. Every six months for two years they transfer her to a different position at a different site (rather like doing four internships) and at the end any of them can hire her full-time. She just moved from Laconia to Kansas with her fiancee and their dog, and in February will be going to England. I think California's on the list as well.

Anyway - my company doesn't do much in the way of physical engineering, but I'll ask some of my friends.

#1613205 07/20/06 02:08 AM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
raise your hand if you hate your job.... {raises hand}

i hope he finds what he's looking for!

For Sale: - Sony PSP with a Baseball 2k6 and the movie Crash. $100 - 1973 Karmann Ghia Convertible w/ Auto-Stick. Needs Restoration. $1200 OBO
#1613206 07/20/06 03:35 PM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I'm guessing something in western MA is WAY too far right?

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest... Maverick Machineworks is open for business!! Tell me what you need and I can make it!
#1613207 07/20/06 03:40 PM
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
whatchoo got?

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
#1613208 07/20/06 05:03 PM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Well, two people (out of four) are most likely leaving relatively quickly. We could use someone even if no one leaves. I will talk to my boss today to see if there is actually an opening, and not just speculation.

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest... Maverick Machineworks is open for business!! Tell me what you need and I can make it!
#1613209 07/20/06 05:15 PM
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
where in western ma?

- 95 Mystique LS - Zetec/5spd - 99 Contour SeVT Sport - Duratec/5spd Official NE-CEG Contour/Mustang Family
#1613210 07/20/06 05:29 PM
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Agawam. In the industrial park if you know it.

#1613211 07/20/06 06:04 PM
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
what type of positions might these be?

and where the heck is agawam?
it sounds familiar.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  baco99, frenchblueC2_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard