Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
so i was replacing the plugs today and i noticed on the alt side of the engine that there was "grime" on the side of the block. it looked like it was coming from what i think is the cam pully (correct me if im wrong)...anyways i was just wondering if anyone has had the same problem, or knows where it could be coming from. any help is much needed thanks
chris

99' silver smokin' csvt born on march 18 99' #1491 of 2760 burninrice no more
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
I have that same problem, but I noticed that I am loosing power steering fluid slowly. I'm guessing that mine is from the pump or a connection by the pump.

Originally posted by Davo:
Good work, Dave. You're definitely the #1 interior guy around these parts; always innovating.

Redline Goods ShifterBoots:5% Discount
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
If your running aftermarket pullies, which by looking at your pics, you are. Check the seal an bolts around your crank pulley, i will bet it's leaking. Did you use any loctite or sealant when installing them. I have a small leak and that's where it's coming from, i recommend checking it out.

"Not a newbie" Been here since it all started!! 98 silver SVT Contour several mods and counting www.pickettperformance.com "Remember, you're part of the human race, try not to embarrass the rest of us"
B
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by Pick:
If your running aftermarket pullies, which by looking at your pics, you are. Check the seal an bolts around your crank pulley, i will bet it's leaking. Did you use any loctite or sealant when installing them. I have a small leak and that's where it's coming from, i recommend checking it out.

im not shure if they are A/M pullies i havent really did anything to the car since i got it, and as for the leak - how should i go about "fixing" it? should i take the uim/lim off(and clean them) to replace gaskets? and what part numbers would i need to fix the leak?

99' silver smokin' csvt born on march 18 99' #1491 of 2760 burninrice no more
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Just clean it off with degreaser and a hose, then leave it a while and look to see how quickly it occurs again.
You could be getting a bit of oil from the valvecovers leaking down and some from the crankpulley shaft seal in the front. Most likely it is oil being flung up and around from the crank pulley shaft seal. Not a big deal if you just clean it.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black

Link Copied to Clipboard