Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Thanks for the input, i'll go with 5w20 synthetic from Mobil 1 or Quaker state. ANd yes those are my goals, but I would switch them around juts because I think I'd get more mileage first before I start saving money. By the time I finish my degree it'll be time to buy myself a new car, so cheers! Thanks for the input btw, it's really much appreciated.

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
I
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by Bridge:
I'd be wary about using Amsoil for 1 whole year/25,000 miles.

I wouldn't worry at all, in fact I know a few cars with more than 25,000 miles on Amsoil.

B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by iso50:

I wouldn't worry at all, in fact I know a few cars with more than 25,000 miles on Amsoil.

Awesome... I've heard of people leaving their oil so long they have rusty oil filters

Look at the facts in the link above.... If Ford engineered the Duratec to run on 15w40 you'd put it in at mile 0, not wait 14K for Amsoil to change viscosity.

CSVT Feels Like Heaven Goes Like Hell Profile
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E

Awesome... I've heard of people leaving their oil so long they have rusty oil filters

Look at the facts in the link above.... If Ford engineered the Duratec to run on 15w40 you'd put it in at mile 0, not wait 14K for Amsoil to change viscosity.

I have also heard that some people drive their cars with out oil in it at all, granted they don't get far...but what is your point on that.

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
I
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
I

Well you have to use good filters, like tha Amsoil EaO line.

If you look at that test, you'll see they didn't test Amsoil and Mobil 1 the same way. The didn't change the oil filter on the Amsoil test, yet they did on the Mobil 1 test. The test is quite old, and Amsoil doesn't use the same filters anymore.

In fact, the first time I read the test, I emailed the people that did the test and they liked Amsoil a whole lot. I'm not sure if the email link is still up or not.

B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by elraido:

I have also heard that some people drive their cars with out oil in it at all, granted they don't get far...but what is your point on that.

This makes no sense

If you look at that test, you'll see they didn't test Amsoil and Mobil 1 the same way. The didn't change the oil filter on the Amsoil test, yet they did on the Mobil 1 test. The test is quite old, and Amsoil doesn't use the same filters anymore.

That is true about the filters, but I can't see it changing the viscosity result.

CSVT Feels Like Heaven Goes Like Hell Profile
Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
Well, mine went over 190,000 miles with very little wear on regular 5w30 dino Valvoline with 3,000 mile oil changes.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
I
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
I
Originally posted by ZoomZoom Diva:
Well, mine went over 190,000 miles with very little wear on regular 5w30 dino Valvoline with 3,000 mile oil changes.

That's all you got out of it, wow!

M
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by ZoomZoom Diva:

That's all you got out of it, wow!

What are you trying to say? That's bad? I'm just going to put Wal-mart tech2000 5w20 in from now on. That combined with a Fram or K&N Filter.

1998 Mercury Mystique LS - Looking for SVT EXHAUST, SVT Rear bumper (silver frost) and ANY rocker mouldings (side skirts)
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
You do know that fram is one of the worst filters out ther. Motocraft filters have been proven to be extreamly effective with these cars...and they are cheap to boot.

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard