Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1612718 07/18/06 09:59 PM
C
CSVT#49 Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
C
Get this (I apoligize in advance for the length)...

So I helped my youngest brother buy a 98 CSVT up in St. Cloud, MN. After I inspected it I knew the diff was blown. So we hauled the car back to my parents place in Rosemount, MN and made arrangements to buy a new transmission and clutch. What we bought was the NEW MTX-75 Transmission from CTA Motorsports and a SPEC stage I clutch from TRE Performance.

The car was scheduled to have the work done at the shop a few days ago on Monday. The transmission came in on about 2 weeks before the car went into the shop and the clutch came the morning it was going to the shop (we ordered it a bit late in the game).

Ok so they bring the car into the shop and they get everything apart and they compare the old transmission to the one we order from CTA Motorsports and a lass... the transmission don't match. CTA Motorsports flipping sent my brother a 2.0L MTX... or did they. My dad called CTA Motorsports and told them what was going on. They request some pictures be taken and emailed to them. My dad does this and then calls them the next day (today). Now comes the fun part...

So CTA Motorsports tells him "oh we don't ship the item we have a company in Florida ship them" So what do they do "here�s there number call them and tell them what happened". My dad calls the place and it turns out that yes they accidentally shipped the wrong transmission. Now because my brothers car is in the shop all torn apart and up on the hoist without the correct parts to put in the shop is out that hoist until they get the correct parts. So from the sound of things they will be charging my dad/brother for the time for which they can not use the hoist. My dad relays this to the people in Florida and they gave the response we all can imagine, "we are only in charge of shipping the merchandise all we can do is pay for the return shipping and the shipping of the new transmission". They can only ship it by ground and it will not be here until next Monday.

So what do you guys think about that? Should my dad be out the money he is getting charged for having the car in pieces on the shops hoist? I can't believe CTA Motorsports made him call their supplier... hell that would be equivalent to you buying say a new Ford F-150 and having the radiator go out and then when you bring it to the dealer for your warranty they tell you "oh yea well you'll have call Denso because we bought that radiator from them". Now I don't think Denso actually builds radiators for Ford, but you get the idea.

-Mike 98 Contour SVT Toreador Red #49 of 6535 Built on 3/25/97 WR Headers, Borla Cat-Back, Torsen T2 LSD, K&N Short Ram, S-AFC and Focus Shift Tower 85 Camaro 1969 358ci, 97 TA interior, 91 Z28 GrdEfx and Aero Wing 255rwhp
#1612719 07/18/06 10:19 PM
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
I think you should have confirmed you had the right parts BEFORE taking it in for service

CTA is only a reseller of items ... he put you in touch with the responsible party ... pretty damn good customer service if you ask me since he could have bullshitted you for a few days while getting answers from BAT.

Last edited by fastcougar; 07/18/06 10:20 PM.
#1612720 07/18/06 10:22 PM
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
As for the shop charging for the hoist ... that's BS and your Dad shouldn't stand for it. I would insist that they lower the car and push it onto the back lot so they could use their damn lift. Car is very easy to push minus a driveline ... I should know, I have one sitting in my driveway.

Last edited by fastcougar; 07/18/06 10:22 PM.
#1612721 07/19/06 12:32 AM
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by fastcougar:
I think you should have confirmed you had the right parts BEFORE taking it in for service

CTA is only a reseller of items ... he put you in touch with the responsible party ... pretty damn good customer service if you ask me since he could have bullshitted you for a few days while getting answers from BAT.

I agree with both statements. CTA always provides great customer service. But the shop charging you because the car is on the hoist is BS.

I hope things work out quickly for you

Aaron

AKA NVS SVT 98.5 Silver/Blue SVT#4553 Yeah it's modded 98 T-Red/Blue SVT Contour Totaled 06/05/06 03 3L,VCN 2000,CAT Cams,MSDS Headers w/Y-Pipe,XCal2 and lots more
#1612722 07/19/06 02:35 AM
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
tell them to drop it and roll it off the hoist. what a bunch of pricks that are working on that car. i'm from MN, can you give me the name of the place that is working on it? i can go over there and smack them with somethin if you want, lol

1998 CSVT NX stage 1 ford EFI kit MSD dis-4 B&M short throw K&N short ram intake Fsvt Euro 17's Trubendz 2.5" exhaust Spec stage 3 249.9 HP 258.2 TRQ clutch slipping the whole time
#1612723 07/19/06 02:52 AM
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Man you have me worried now. How can you tell if its the correct one or not? Oh and that company down in Florida will never get my business again. That lady is very rude and did not help me one bit.
-tropictour

2000 Contour SVT Tropic Green SHO Shop CAI Bassani 1999 Contour SE BAT Kit
#1612724 07/19/06 03:46 AM
C
CSVT#49 Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
C
That was just it I took a glance at it and it looked from what I noticed to be just the same. However I guess the biggest noticable difference is that the starter bolts on the inside of the bell housing instead of the outside.

-Mike 98 Contour SVT Toreador Red #49 of 6535 Built on 3/25/97 WR Headers, Borla Cat-Back, Torsen T2 LSD, K&N Short Ram, S-AFC and Focus Shift Tower 85 Camaro 1969 358ci, 97 TA interior, 91 Z28 GrdEfx and Aero Wing 255rwhp
#1612725 07/19/06 03:56 AM
S
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by tropictour:
Man you have me worried now. How can you tell if its the correct one or not? Oh and that company down in Florida will never get my business again. That lady is very rude and did not help me one bit.
-tropictour

that compagny isnt BAT ? there in florida and shipping the stock from there right ?

1998.5 Toreador Red/Midnight Blue Contour SVT - #5912/6535 - DOB - 05/11/1998 - RU-3530/CTA Intake Pipe MSDS Heaser/Y-Pipe Magnaflow #10435 9mm Ford racing SPEC Stage one/Spec Alum. Flywheel HERE
#1612726 07/19/06 12:14 PM
C
CSVT#49 Offline OP
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
C
I would insist that they lower the car and push it onto the back lot so they could use their damn lift. Car is very easy to push minus a driveline ... I should know, I have one sitting in my driveway.

Then you should also know that to remove the transmission per Ford's Service Manual that you need to drop the front subframe to remove the transmission. Guess what is connected to the front subframe? The lower control arms, which are connected to the spindles which are connected to the front struts and front wheels. Not to mention you have to disconnect the steering column. No subframe, no push and roll. I just swapped out my clutch just recently and let me tell you there is no easy way to put this car down with out bolting everything back up.

#1612727 07/19/06 02:30 PM
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by CSVT#49:
I would insist that they lower the car and push it onto the back lot so they could use their damn lift. Car is very easy to push minus a driveline ... I should know, I have one sitting in my driveway.

Then you should also know that to remove the transmission per Ford's Service Manual that you need to drop the front subframe to remove the transmission. Guess what is connected to the front subframe? The lower control arms, which are connected to the spindles which are connected to the front struts and front wheels. Not to mention you have to disconnect the steering column. No subframe, no push and roll. I just swapped out my clutch just recently and let me tell you there is no easy way to put this car down with out bolting everything back up.

Ahhh...there's the problem. Most of these guys either pull the engine to do major tranny service or at least don't drop the subframe. Not that I'm blaming anyone for following the book, but that's why everyone is saying you should just roll it out.

P.S. I had a dream last night that DanG said he could pull the engine in an hour.

"Think of it, if you like, as a librarian with a G-string under the tweed." Clarkson on the Mondeo.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard