Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1612312 07/18/06 02:33 AM
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Where would i go about sending a Pro-M to get recalibrated for some 24# injectors?

1999 Cougar V6 MTX SVT UIM/LIM/65mm TB, I/H/E, Fidanza/SPEC III/Torsen, Koni/GC's, 19" Icon wheels w/ Pirelli rubber, NX Wet Kit
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
http://massairsystems.com/
They took over where Pro-M left off. If it's a Pro-M, they charge $100 for re-cal. OEM MAF's they charge $200. They told me usual turn around time was about 3-5 business days.

I'll put holes in him!!
W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Originally posted by 99cougar:
Where would i go about sending a Pro-M to get recalibrated for some 24# injectors?

WOW. Don't do that.
With all the new tech that has released for the Contour/Cougar in the last 2 years there is NO reason for that. Not to mention that is a hit or miss thing ANYWAY, and if ProM is still in business it will cost you a good chunk.
The easy way is to just retune your pcm.
Besides, that recalibration crap doesn't work on our cars for fuel adjustments more than say 20% and even if it gets it close you will have unknow problems that crop up as a result of the load miscalculations that are caused in the PCM from the recalibrated MAF.

Get an XCAL2 with your stock code, 24# injectors, and a MAF transfer function matched to your ProM75mm. Then you will be in business.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Cliffs Notes of Warmonger's post: Don't do it!

Aaron, you'd probably benefit from going back to the stock MAF, and getting a tune.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
[quote=warmonger

WOW. Don't do that.
With all the new tech that has released for the Contour/Cougar in the last 2 years there is NO reason for that. Not to mention that is a hit or miss thing ANYWAY, and if ProM is still in business it will cost you a good chunk.
The easy way is to just retune your pcm.
Besides, that recalibration crap doesn't work on our cars for fuel adjustments more than say 20% and even if it gets it close you will have unknow problems that crop up as a result of the load miscalculations that are caused in the PCM from the recalibrated MAF.

Get an XCAL2 with your stock code, 24# injectors, and a MAF transfer function matched to your ProM75mm. Then you will be in business.

Ok. Thay is what i wanted to know. I have the PRP, but i wasn't sure if the MAF HAD TO BE programmed for your injectors. So i can just use Advantage to setup a Pro-M 75mm MAF to run on some 24# Accel's i have??? I kinda have another car to drive that gets about 40mpg so i wanted to start seriously messing with this software i spent 600 bucks on lol.

I am getting pretty familiar with the software now...but i really do not know how to come up with a MAF Transfer Function. Isn't there a "manual" that SCT makes that explains how to tune using their software?

And just to get this straight...if i buy a Pro-M 75mm MAF i will not have to get it reprogrammed for injectors...i can tune it in using the software i already have correct?

1999 Cougar V6 MTX SVT UIM/LIM/65mm TB, I/H/E, Fidanza/SPEC III/Torsen, Koni/GC's, 19" Icon wheels w/ Pirelli rubber, NX Wet Kit
Y
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
Y
Originally posted by 99cougar:
Ok. Thay is what i wanted to know. I have the PRP, but i wasn't sure if the MAF HAD TO BE programmed for your injectors. So i can just use Advantage to setup a Pro-M 75mm MAF to run on some 24# Accel's i have??? I kinda have another car to drive that gets about 40mpg so i wanted to start seriously messing with this software i spent 600 bucks on lol.

I am getting pretty familiar with the software now...but i really do not know how to come up with a MAF Transfer Function. Isn't there a "manual" that SCT makes that explains how to tune using their software?

And just to get this straight...if i buy a Pro-M 75mm MAF i will not have to get it reprogrammed for injectors...i can tune it in using the software i already have correct?

You will need to get the MAF transfer function from Pro-M, or whoever is now producing the MAF. From EVERYONE I've ever talked to with tuning, tuning an aftermarket MAF is a lot harder than with OEM parts. If you just want to go bigger, grab a Lightning 80mm MAF, or just stick with your stock Cougar MAF. Unless you're going F/I, w/ the exception of nitrous(which I know you are running ), then there's no real need to go bigger.

Mark

2000 Black CSVT 3.0L Hybrid - 206fwhp & 195fwtq
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Originally posted by Y2KSVT:

You will need to get the MAF transfer function from Pro-M, or whoever is now producing the MAF. From EVERYONE I've ever talked to with tuning, tuning an aftermarket MAF is a lot harder than with OEM parts. If you just want to go bigger, grab a Lightning 80mm MAF, or just stick with your stock Cougar MAF. Unless you're going F/I, w/ the exception of nitrous(which I know you are running ), then there's no real need to go bigger.

Mark

I'm not runnning nitrous

So...IF i did do this where would i get the transfer function for the Lightning MAF? I think all the Pro-M MAFs come with a sheet that tells you what they are, but what about a the Lightning?

G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by SvtTour98.5-3:
http://massairsystems.com/
They took over where Pro-M left off. If it's a Pro-M, they charge $100 for re-cal. OEM MAF's they charge $200. They told me usual turn around time was about 3-5 business days.

Yes its $100. Turn around time 2 days...for me atleast. Just installed a Pro-M 80mm.

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
i have a 75mm prom and it worked good untill i switched from a modified s.e. air box to a modified svt air box. the pro m maf doesn have a better internal design though. it looks less estrictive. is there any way to convert to a m.a.p. sensor.

98 contour s.e. sport mtx http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/503352 all mods shown on page
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I have a 75mm Pro-M MAF that's already calibrated for 24# injectors. Shoot me a PM if you want it.

Matt 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX (WRB Stage 4+) Old Rides: 1999 Sil-Fro SVT Contour 3.0L with goodies (Totalled 6/21/06) 1988 Bronco II (Sold) You know you launch hard when you beat oncoming traffic through their own crosswalk lines.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard