Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
I just got a new parking brake (or e-brake) with cable and I am installing it while waiting on some parts for my 3L build. Anyways, I know how the set-up is and works for the parking brake as far as the front cable (small cable attatched to parking brake) leads to a bracket where cables that run to the rear calipers are connected to.

My problem is that I installed the new lever, and the bracket assembly is there, but I can't get the rear cables into the bracket. The only way I can get them in, is if I unbolt the lever, and install them, but then I cant move the lever forward enough to line up the bolt holes again.

Anyone have any hints for an easy install? I don't really want to pull the rear wheels and remove the calipers to relieve any tension that i may get while trying to hook it up to the branket.

2000 Contour SVT SF - #542 of 2150
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
The e-brake will automatically adjust for length. It sounds like the one you have has already auto-adjusted too short before you had a chance to isntall it. Maybe there is a release mechanism that will let out more cable from the ebrake lever assembly allowing enough slack to get the cables installed.... ?

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
ok, I had the same problem.

did you order this from Bill J as the e-brake cable kit?

if so, you probably have the wrong cable. I struggled with mine for a few days but no matter what I did, it was just too short to hook on.

called up bill and had the non-kit cables sent and ... well... they just worked.

yes... I am a cougar owner trolling on your board.

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard