Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Daaaaannng.

Yeah, the JRSC is going on my daily driver. I'm leaving the rev limiter set to stock. I do have a spare engine but I want to keep that for my big-boost turbo project.

BP

Ben ---'96 Contour GL * Zetec ATX * Tan on Black steelies--- +++JRSC M62 Under Construction+++ My big-a$$ mod list.
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by Seawulf:
Yeah, but you really didn't have any power.

So that is why I UPGRADED!

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by ButtonPuncher:
Daaaaannng.

Thats gonna be sweet, considering the only s/c'd zetec atx contour has prolly been parted out by now have fun with it!! Can't wait to see it finished!!

A Contour is not just a car, it's an experience 99 T-Red SE Zetec ATX Born April 16, 1999 98 E0 Silver Frost CSVT #3175/3565 Born August 21st, 1997 Stored at P.R.T. for the winter 67 Mustang 289 project car
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Frosty:
Originally posted by ButtonPuncher:
Daaaaannng.

Thats gonna be sweet, considering the only s/c'd zetec atx contour has prolly been parted out by now have fun with it!! Can't wait to see it finished!!

Sweet project.

There was another member on here that had a JRSC installed on his Zetec ATX, but I think he was banned a while back. I think his name was Chris.

'98 Contour Pacific Green(Modded) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/676416 FS:'98-00 Contour front bumper.Brand new unused (Non-SVT)
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
AFIAK, Hector's ATX Zetec was sold and is now gone. The guy that bought it used the name image4you2see on the CEG. He hasn't posted in 9 months.

There are a couple Mondeo's in the UK running M45 JRSCs. Both Percybigun and d c have one. I wish mine was going in a Mondeo.

There was a guy with the CEG name "zetectour" aka "ZetecChris" asking about stuff. But that was also months ago. I also checked and he has posted in 9 months.

Originally posted by Frosty:
Can't wait to see it finished!!

Yeah, even though I've been on the CEG 3-4 years, I've never been to a SE-WI G2G. It'll be cool to show up with something really unique.

BP

Ben ---'96 Contour GL * Zetec ATX * Tan on Black steelies--- +++JRSC M62 Under Construction+++ My big-a$$ mod list.
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Not too further burst your bubble either BP, but I think you'll have a harder time making this work than Hector had. The SVTF kit was engine specific and I've never heard of people buying one for the regular Zetec. Otherwise, nobody would have bought one of the regular zetec kits.

A Mustang magazine did a custom install on a Focus of the SVTF blower and had to fab up a whole new intake manifold for it. I fear you'll have a hard time doing the install.

2000 Rio Red I4 Cougar 200whp & 210wtq at 9psi 254whp & 276wtq with NX 35shot WRX TD04 Turbo, Cut Short Shifter, Strut Tower Bar, 17" ZN Wheels, Roush Springs, Starion Intercooler, NX 35 shot, HKS SS BOV, Full 3" exhaust,StreetFlight Chip
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
From what I've heard, the intake ports on the SVT are bigger and the bolts for the intake manifold are a little off. The Focus guys have to file out the holes on a SVT manifold to make it fit on a regular Zetec. These sound relatively minor. I'll know more when the supercharger gets delivered. (the pic above is from the sale on the focus forums)

If I have to port my head to make it work, no biggie. I'm already prepared for having to do some weird crap with the accessory drive. The Focus has a two-bolt style mount for the alternator and I think it's smaller. I also don't know if the idler bracket that they supply is going to work at all.

Oh yeah, the SVT Focus also doesn't have EGR. I think that why the normal Focus guys also stay away from it. That and the Powerworks supercharger is MUCH better. Intercooled M62.

It's going to be a fun weekend digging into all of this stuff.

...that's if it shows on Friday...crosses fingers...

BP

Last edited by ButtonPuncher; 07/18/06 10:49 PM.

K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Good luck with the install. If you can and don't mind, post pics of the progress, I love seeing that sort of stuff.

My ride(Cardomain link) : '95 Contour 16V Zetec DOHC, Teal , ATX Born on Sep. 4, 1995 86+ miles *LEDs mods are on their way!*
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
The EGR is a good point. Take lots of pics. This is a topic where the more detailed posts the better.

2000 Rio Red I4 Cougar 200whp & 210wtq at 9psi 254whp & 276wtq with NX 35shot WRX TD04 Turbo, Cut Short Shifter, Strut Tower Bar, 17" ZN Wheels, Roush Springs, Starion Intercooler, NX 35 shot, HKS SS BOV, Full 3" exhaust,StreetFlight Chip
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
I can't wait to see this.....like I have said before this was definitely in the plans when I had my car.

Good luck and if you need any help....just ask.

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard