Next Thread
Print Thread
P
Pen_Two Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
I picked my CSVT up back in the end of February. I traded in another car that was very very limited in production because I couldn't afford the upkeep that I was dealing with. Here's a picture of it.

If I remember correctly, it was #1676 of roughly 9600. I'm glad I got rid of it though. A guy called me yesterday because he tracked my phone number down though the VIN. He asked me all types of questions about it, including if I put a new motor in it. Which I didn't. Apparently when I got rid of it, the boost creep got very bad and destroyed it.

So I may be quite a few thousand in debt with my 'Tour, but atleast I like it.

Oh, and can anyone guess what that red car is? It's from 1989, and it has a 2.2L with a T2 (Turbo Dodge motor).

(Don't go by the emblem on the grill. It was some stupid clip on thing I put there.)

Last edited by Pen_Two; 07/16/06 01:50 PM.

I call my E0 Claire. 24 hour what? I'm looking to buy a like-new condition SVT grill, and a shift knob that works with the reverse lever PM me with the details.
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
'89 Chrysler TC by Maserati?

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
P
Pen_Two Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by TGO:
'89 Chrysler TC by Maserati?

Yes.

It was a fun car...when it ran. Lol. I think it was 2 weeks after I got it, the headgasket blew. Then to pass inspection, I had to put new struts into it. Half the ignition needed replacing, and the AIS motor. I called it quits, and drove to the used car lot that would finance anyone (I had no established credit). I saw a Contour and thought it was in great condition. I didn't even realize it was an SVT until I started signing paperwork.

I call my E0 Claire. 24 hour what? I'm looking to buy a like-new condition SVT grill, and a shift knob that works with the reverse lever PM me with the details.
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
i worked at a full sevice gas station with a bay for 2 years. a guy would always bring his TC in for service and i drove ita few times. it wasnt anywhere near the condition of yours and that thing ran like a TURD! it felt like the thing was going to fall apart if i hit the gas any harder! sounds like these cars could have been pretty nice if they were keep up with.

kevin m 98 T-red mystique gs zetec ATX | my ride |
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Looks like you got out in the nick of time.

T
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
T
That's a clean looking TC. Too bad its not a T4 equipped one. I had a spirit r/t with the T4 motor and they are pretty rare. They are fast as hell but extremely hard to find parts for and thats why I sold it. The T2 motor is much easier to find stuff for.

P
Pen_Two Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by turbo1g:
That's a clean looking TC. Too bad its not a T4 equipped one. I had a spirit r/t with the T4 motor and they are pretty rare. They are fast as hell but extremely hard to find parts for and thats why I sold it. The T2 motor is much easier to find stuff for.

A guy I work with has a Turbo Caravan. I think he said something about a T4 out of a Buick is going on it.

As for the TC, that picture shows the good side. Lol. The other side had a huge gash from the middle of the door, to the rear wheel well.

The T2-small motor is easy to find parts for if you have a DOHC. I think the TC I had only had the SOHC. I don't remember, I tried to forget those 5 months.

P
Pen_Two Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by mystiquevltwin:
i worked at a full sevice gas station with a bay for 2 years. a guy would always bring his TC in for service and i drove ita few times. it wasnt anywhere near the condition of yours and that thing ran like a TURD! it felt like the thing was going to fall apart if i hit the gas any harder! sounds like these cars could have been pretty nice if they were keep up with.

Did it have the Get-rag 5 speed? I know mine had the automatic, and they even admitted that the automatics were exceeding the weight limits for the load it could handle (By about 400 pounds iirc). If I jumped on it, it was slow as all hell and seemed to not want to go any faster, but if you gradually accelerated, the boost would pick up rather quick and carry it down the highway like it weighed as much as a Civic.

T
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
T
Yup, I am referring to the DOHC motor equipped cars. Its very rare and only available on 91-92 spirit r/ts, 92-93 Daytona IROC R/ts and some TCs. The SOHCs are easy to find parts for. The DOHCs are very quick but break down too much and cost too much to fix lol. I have some pics somewhere I maybe able to dig up.

P
Pen_Two Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
P
Now that we're talking about the old turbo Dodges, I'd really like to get my hands on an Omni GLHS.

Link Copied to Clipboard