I love lamp

CSVT Feels Like Heaven Goes Like Hell Profile
T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by AliasJerkââ??¢:

Whats even worse is when you are 10 steps from the bathroom, have to drop a vicious deuce, and your manager decides to strike up a conversation with you. UG, Worst. 10 minutes. ever.

i dunno man...when you run and have to poop each step creates more "pressure" it's horrible.

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
I'm not a fan of the Mopar "BOV". It gets very annoying after a while. Since it isn't venting boost and where it's set-up, every time you let off the gas you get that sound. It's aka "the rice plate" or "blue plate special". I would've spent that $60 on something else.

'03 SRT-4 50 trim turbo + support
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by RyeLou:
I'm not a fan of the Mopar "BOV". It gets very annoying after a while. Since it isn't venting boost and where it's set-up, every time you let off the gas you get that sound. It's aka "the rice plate" or "blue plate special". I would've spent that $60 on something else.

Rice plate huh?

I can understand how you could think that, however, until we get bored with it, we'll probably be utterly enthralled. My friend never even rode in a nice turbo car before he signed up for payments on his '05 SRT-4, so he's pretty psyched about it. I love the sound personally, but I prefer the "rattlesnake" sound that comes with more boost to the BOV pshh pshhh, but to each his own....We'll probably ditch the stock BOV for a GReddy Type RS later on, but money is a little tight right now, between building an '88 Firebird and upgrading an SRT-4.

Seriously, what in the world could you even buy for the SRT-4 that costs less than $60? Other than stickers and dress-up, I can't think of a darn thing....

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
E
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
E
Originally posted by MadMerc97:

Rice plate huh?

I can understand how you could think that, however, until we get bored with it, we'll probably be utterly enthralled. My friend never even rode in a nice turbo car before he signed up for payments on his '05 SRT-4, so he's pretty psyched about it. I love the sound personally, but I prefer the "rattlesnake" sound that comes with more boost to the BOV pshh pshhh, but to each his own....We'll probably ditch the stock BOV for a GReddy Type RS later on, but money is a little tight right now, between building an '88 Firebird and upgrading an SRT-4.

Seriously, what in the world could you even buy for the SRT-4 that costs less than $60? Other than stickers and dress-up, I can't think of a darn thing....

How about not spending it on the SRT-4 and spending it on your woman instead.

95 SE MTX svt exhaust intake deer killer
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
Originally posted by elraido:

Rice plate huh?

How about not spending it on the SRT-4 and spending it on your woman instead.

Just got rid of the Ho, so I've got about $100 extra floating around now.

J.T. 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 294ci V8. Custom CAI, headers on the way... 1997 Mercury Mystique Zetec ATX Deceased February 2006
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R

For $0 you could have just removed the top of the airbox and gotten the amazing turbo sound with a close to the same sound as the Mopar BOV when you let off the gas. Spend that $60 on a larger better flowing air filter and you've acomplished the same thing while reducing the chance of a boost leak or other problems.

I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I

For $0 you could have just removed the top of the airbox and gotten the amazing turbo sound with a close to the same sound as the Mopar BOV when you let off the gas. Spend that $60 on a larger better flowing air filter and you've acomplished the same thing while reducing the chance of a boost leak or other problems.

I didnt know you guys could do this as well, I did this on the Evo and the turbo sound and bov is much louder now as well.

Team Evo Staz: You know why they call it Skunkworks? Everyone: Why? Staz: Because everything that comes out of it stinks!!! Steeda-I hate you stazi
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
I don't know about your set-up, but the SRT doesn't come with an actual BOV. It's set-up so when you let off it recirculates and dumps into the air box. When you take the top off all you hear when you let off the gas is that 'swoosh' sound. And with a better flowing filter, it sounds like a jet. The debate then becomes about the hot air you're taking in from the intake, which I don't think is too big of a deal but to each their own. With the air box off it's the same as a short-ram intake, and you could easily make a home made CAI extension if you're so inclined.

I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
Ok i got ya, yeah the Evo does come with a stock bov, altough i have the forge one but its still a lot louder without the top on.

same as on Evom people say its not good to take the top off, but yet they will throw a open filter on and say it works better lol..

Team Evo Staz: You know why they call it Skunkworks? Everyone: Why? Staz: Because everything that comes out of it stinks!!! Steeda-I hate you stazi
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard